Advertising on Yell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising on Yell

Does anybody else advertise on Yell? I started over two years ago and haven't (as far as I know) had one loead with a sale through it. I wanted to cancel my account last year but then got talked into doing a cheaper rate. Since going over my figures for the last tax year- currently doing my first return! I have relised i'm wasting nearly £50 a month! The manager has been trying to get hold of me during the day but as i work part time i haven't been able to answer his call even though he's left a zilliion voicemails. Anyway, I know my account is up for re-newal in Feb, so I've sent a kind worded email saying I'm ok for now!!!

Anybody else shelled out cash for advertising that they haven't had a return on?x
    Dee x
    Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
    Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
    Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

We are only listed in the free bit - advertising is always a tricky one?

John Wanamaker (1838-1922)once said

"Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half.)

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Wow £50 a month is a lot... In my experience it only works for plumbers accountants and the like.. Not good for online stores and at £50 a month I'd spend money elsewhere

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
        We are only listed in the free bit - advertising is always a tricky one?

John Wanamaker (1838-1922)once said

"Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half.)

Jane

Ha! So true!x
        Dee x

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post
          Wow £50 a month is a lot... In my experience it only works for plumbers accountants and the like.. Not good for online stores and at £50 a month I'd spend money elsewhere
          I know that's what I thought! I think I'd got used to paying it as it comes out my part time wages, so that will be a nice extra bit for my savings now! (must put in savings....!)
          Dee x

Comment

Hi Jane, I just use the free bit. When I first listed I was bombarded with sales phone calls and some really forceful sales techniques. If anyone is thinking about listing on yell please be prepared for this.
            Debs
            On line shop www.lootybag.co.uk
            Become a a fan on facebook for latest offfers, like me on www.facebook.com/lootybag
            My Blog http://www.lootybag.co.uk/blog/
            Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Lootybag

Comment

Originally posted by dee_liteful View Post
              Anybody else shelled out cash for advertising that they haven't had a return on?x
              I always love the quote by Henry Ford of the Ford Motor Company about advertising.

"I know that 50% of my advertising is wasted, but I do not know which 50%"

Advertising is a very imprecise marketing tool. As part of my business studies degree I took over 35 years ago, I studied advertising as a major part of my final year. Over the past 33 years I have run my own business and have advertised in many different mediums - some highly unsuccessfully. The advent of the Internet has changed all of the old rules like every business must be in Yellow Pages and possibly Thomson Pages. I still use Yellow Pages and Yell; Thomson and Thom Web, but they are not as good at finding new business as they used to be. The cheapest form of advertising is still my most successful - word of mouth.

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Lootybag View Post
                If anyone is thinking about listing on yell please be prepared for this.
                Definately!
                Dee x

Comment

Working...
                X