Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organisers Insurance Help!

Hello,

I know this topic has been posted many times but I've looked through alot of posts and can't find an anwer to my question.

I'm a little confused about Insurance! I'm organising a craft fair (with a view of doing more in the future) and am unsure of which TYPE of insurance to get. Ideally I'd like to get a policy with Combined Market Traders Insurance Association but they don't do organisers insurance eventhough I know that craft fair organisers use it! All stallholders will have their own insurance, but I also want to get covered - so will individual insurance suffice or would it be best to get organisers insurance from elsewhere?

I'm guessing individual insurance will be the answer but I hope someone with more of an idea can help!

Thanks,

Laura xx
    Lovely! Fairs:
    www.lovely-fairs.co.uk

Like Lovely! Fairs
    Follow my Tweets

We used Events Insurance they were very helpful and you can buy for one event if you want to test the water, we did have to ensure that everyone attending held PLI otherwise it would have invalidated our event insurance.

Forgot to say individual insurance will not cover you as an event organiser only your own table for selling, you have to insure the event.
    Last edited by Caroleecrafts; 11-07-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

That has answered my question too!
      Thank you - most helpful!
      My Facebook page

Comment

Ah - thankyou Caroleecrafts. I really appreciate your reply. So Events insurance it is!

Just a few other questions (I am a complete novice in sorting Insurance for this sort of thing!) If all stallholders and the venue have their own insurance, What exactly will events insurance cover? And say if I were to have a stall there too, would I need events and Individual insurance?

Insurance has got me in a right pickle!
        Hope you can help! Laura x
        Lovely! Fairs:
        www.lovely-fairs.co.uk

Like Lovely! Fairs
        Follow my Tweets

Comment

You will need your own pli to sell, this is standard for all business's and events insurance to protect you should anything happen to a member of the public whilst on the premises, sorry you do need both. The venue will have insurance but this may not cover you for a fair, Jill and I went into this before our event and we had to get the correct insurance to safeguard our own interests.

Comment

I gathered I would probably need both. Thank you so much for your help! You've saved me alot of time and stress.

Thanks again, Laura x
            Lovely! Fairs:
            www.lovely-fairs.co.uk

Like Lovely! Fairs
            Follow my Tweets

Comment

Working...
            X