Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CraftWorld
    replied
    Hmm seems to be that as of the start of this year Paypal has had to comply with some sort of EU regulations with regards to the flow of money. Basically its another way for the tax man to monitor your sources of income. On the plus side its putting a damper I believe on a lot of illegal money laundering (insert generic Russian mobster name!) Hope it was not too much trouble deciding what to choose

Leave a comment:

• Caroleecrafts
    replied
    Originally posted by Curious Cat View Post
    I also have two, the business one being linked to my business e-mail and my business account. The only problem I encountered was I couldn't register the same Visa card as the second 'back up' payment option on both accounts.

cj
    I had that problem too and thought cannot see why.

Leave a comment:

• diane2
    replied
    thanks so much everyone for you help and for making it clearer

diane

Leave a comment:

• Curious Cat
    replied
    I also have two, the business one being linked to my business e-mail and my business account. The only problem I encountered was I couldn't register the same Visa card as the second 'back up' payment option on both accounts.

cj

Leave a comment:

• Caroleecrafts
    replied
    I have two accounts one for personal use and one verified as a business attached to my business account, think this makes it better when anyone purchases from my website can see that I am a business. No difference in the charges

Leave a comment:

• soyofthenorth
    replied
    As far as I know, the charges are the same. I believe it's just to kee the taxman happy. It's like when loads of people made money from eBay, then you had to start saying if you were a regular buyer/seller or if you were using eBay as your business.

Leave a comment:

• diane2
    replied
    thanks beadsbydesign for the advice, iv noticed through searching on here some people have 2 paypal accounts to keep things separate so that might also be an option in the future for me.

thanks
    diane

Leave a comment:

• beadsbydesign
    replied
    It asked me the same thing yesterday. If I were you, i'd err on the side of caution and go for sole trader.

Leave a comment:

• diane2
    started a topic paypal help wanted please

paypal help wanted please

hi
    iv just logged into my paypal account and been asked to update my paypal account , it asks if im a a individual consumer (or something like that ) or a sole trader. i can only tick one box . i use the account i have for both personal buys and for business, probably more for personnel use as i mainly get my business sales from craft fairs and gallerys.
    im unsure which box to tick , im worried if i tick sole trader box i will start getting higher charges. does anyone know about this ?

thanks for reading
    diane
Working...
X