Help needed with PayPal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with PayPal

Does anyone know their way round PayPal really well? I need to request a payment in dollars and then obviously get it exchanged back into pounds, but am really confused about exchange rates, charges, etc. The customer wants to pay asap and I don't want to keep him waiting. Please help if you can, thanks!

Emma.
    Paperbuzz
    Adding a little magic to your celebrations

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

HI, log into your paypal acount, one of the tabs along the top says request money , fill in their e-mail addr and then fill in the amount - choose USD from the currency option.
    Then fill in the box services,goods, click request. The invoice will be sent in usd - when he pays the amount will be converted to gbp by paypal and will show in your account as gbp

Comment

Do you really need to do the currency conversion yourself? If you send the request in £s, he'll pay on his card or with his account, and I would think it would be done at as he pays.

Sorry, I don't know how to actually do the conversion, but paypals help pages may have the answer.
      Celia
      I can't be creative and tidy too
      www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
      The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
      Jencel on Facebook

Comment

I didn't see your reply when I wrote mine, Sharon. You've got the answer there x
        Celia
        I can't be creative and tidy too
        www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
        The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
        Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by sharenslz View Post
          HI, log into your paypal acount, one of the tabs along the top says request money , fill in their e-mail addr and then fill in the amount - choose USD from the currency option.
          Then fill in the box services,goods, click request. The invoice will be sent in usd - when he pays the amount will be converted to gbp by paypal and will show in your account as gbp
          Ok, that sounds sensible. I'm just panicking as I've not done it before and am sitting at home on my own with no one (other than you!) to discuss it with. I'm just convinced that something will go wrong and I'll end up requesting too little or too much money and looking stupid!

Thanks to both of you for your quick replies.

Emma.
          Paperbuzz

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

Well it's done now. Fingers crossed! )
            Paperbuzz

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

I agree with what's been said - don't ever do the conversion yourself, as exchange rates differ and you may calculate it at a higher or lower rate than paypal and end up out of pocket...

Under the Request Money option there is also a Create Invoice option - so (if you need to) you can send a detailed invoice - it looks very professional too
              for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
              plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
              Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Thanks for that bath-bomb.com. I'll definitely keep what you've said in mind. Hopefully it will go through ok this time.

Emma.
                Paperbuzz

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

Originally posted by KullakitaCards View Post
                  Well it's done now. Fingers crossed! )
                  You'll be fine - I send these requests all the time - paypal use their own rate of exhange which doesnt bear much resemblance to the officeal one - but - it's easy and safe for me so I let them get on with it and look for something else to sell !
                  cheer sharen

Comment

Working...
                  X