Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I 'display' or show my products to a retailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I 'display' or show my products to a retailer?

Hi there,
    I make bags and accessories and will be approaching some retailers in the next couple of weeks to see if they will take some of my stock on a SOR basis.

My question is this: How do I show them my stock?

I think my wares look so much better 'in the flesh' than a photo, so would like to actually take some physical samples into the shops, rather than just have a bit of paper with pictures on. I just don't know how to do it - I don't want to just walk in there with them in a Tesco carrier bag!

What is the most professional looking way to display / transport them?
    I have been looking at bespoke gift bags online (the sort you would get your clothing in at an expensive boutique) with my business name printed on - but I would have to order a lot and the ones I found were almost £5 EACH! - so this isn't a possibility for me.

Any ideas for an alternative??

I was also thinking of having some sort of design sheet printed with details of the designs, pictures, RRP, etc. so that I could leave them with the retailer.

Is there anyone out there who has done something similar?

Any help would be so much appreciated!
    Many thanks in advance,
    Gem x

Hi Gem,

I did this a while ago and have since them have made business contracts with three stockists and they are all doing well. I do intend to get more as time goes on.

I make and sell notebooks and journals. All I did was approach the store with my products as they were (not in any great packaging), and explained more about my business and also gave them a copy of my wholesale and rrp prices.

I understand you want to show your products in the best light as possible, but don't loose consentration on what your aim is, which is to get your product sold in there store. Packaging can come later.

I also think you need to completely be yourself when you approach a potential client and be open to negoiation. Don't over promise to your customer and tell them what they want to hear. You give them exact league times as and when you will be able to complete and order if they do go ahead and order with you.

I do hope this helps you out.
    Good Luck!

Risa

Comment

You definitely need some samples but could just put them in large boxes like the Useful Boxes? Then have a list with pics and prices to leave with them?
      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Working...
      X