facebook advice please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• facebook advice please!

I am new to facebook - I must be the last person on earth I know! I've just set up a personal account for my family and friends to see. I want to start a public one for my blog. I'm wondering if those of you on here with FB pages for your craft business have them connected to your personal accounts, with adjusted privacy settings. Or did you set up a completely separate FB account to advertise your work? I hope that makes sense, some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    miya
    Jellyfish Jelly Blog
    Crafty Ideas for un-Crafty Parents

Ok, I've unsucessfully tried the path of least resistance (i.e. wait until someone tells me!) and have subsequently had to research this myself. For those who wish to know, if you already have a facebook account you must link a business account to it. You cannot create a separate account. Scroll to the bottom of your FB page and click 'create a page'
    miya
    Jellyfish Jelly Blog

Comment

Sorry must have missed your post but you seem to have got it sorted, the other things is to have a networked blog that way whenever you blog if syndicated will automatically update on FB and Twitter if linked as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
        Sorry must have missed your post but you seem to have got it sorted, the other things is to have a networked blog that way whenever you blog if syndicated will automatically update on FB and Twitter if linked as well.
        Many thanks, good to know. Off to find out whether my blog is syndicated....
        Jellyfish Jelly Blog

Comment

I set up a 'Page' rather than a new Facebook account - that way people can like it without having to request to be a friend. When you have a Page, you can use Facebook as that page, or click back to use it as yourself ---

Search for 'g00glie-eye Designs' on Facebook (I can't post a link yet as I am a noob to the site...)

I link in with as much as possible and make sure I introduce my new website pages etc here as you just don't know who will find you from where! It can't hurt to have an extra advertising space, for free!
          :: googlie-eye Designs :: Handmade gifts & accessories from recycled materials, giving new life to old discarded things!

g00glie-eye's Website
          g00glie-eye's Shop
          g00glie-eye on Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X