Accepting cards on line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting cards on line

I have been using the PayPal buttons on my new website and found them easy to set up if a little time consuming. I have been reading the thread on using credit and debit cards and it sort of rang a bell and so I have been digging around in PayPal and it seems that I can have buttons set up to accept cards. There is a pro (£20 a month fee) version and a free version that has the usual sort of charge for each item sold. Does anyone use this or know anything about it as if it is something worth doing I'll change all my buttons as I am sure that the ability to accept cards would be an advantage and perhaps capture some customers

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

I use the free version on my site which allows people to use cards or paypal. Seems to work ok.

cj
    www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
    Become a facebook fan
    Check out my blog

Comment

Thanks CJ...of to change all my buttons

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Free version works just peachy for me :-)

Francesca
        * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
        Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

Where's the embarrassed smiley when you need it? I just had a quick check and as I am using the shopping cart I apparently have inadvertently opted for the carded option anyway. Oh well sames me a couple of hours changing all the buttons. Just removed the comment I had about not accepting cards at the moment....Don't know if it works yet as no-one has bought anything by card. Anyone fancy testing it feel free

Pete
          Facebook

Website

Comment

hehe, glad you got it sorted (already)

cj
            www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
            Become a facebook fan
            Check out my blog

Comment

Pete I also made a £1 button so people can pay for items from shows - not been tested yet but you can see it at
              http://chrislinacre.co.uk/?q=content/pay-item
              The trick is if they owe me £45 then they enter 45 in the Quantity Box - not sure if it's going to work yet - I'm sure it will be fine in the Studio when I am there
              hope you get yours all sorted
              Chris xx
              My Website
              My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kiamyka View Post
                Pete I also made a £1 button so people can pay for items from shows - not been tested yet but you can see it at
                http://chrislinacre.co.uk/?q=content/pay-item
                The trick is if they owe me £45 then they enter 45 in the Quantity Box - not sure if it's going to work yet - I'm sure it will be fine in the Studio when I am there
                hope you get yours all sorted
                I don't really do enough shows to warrant using cards at the moment and I'd need a laptop to do that I would imagine. A good idea though, can't see why it wouldn't work. You'll have to have all your stuff rounded up or down to the nearest pound though wouldn't you?

Pete
                Facebook

Website

Comment

It is a great advantage to be able to take card payments on your website and for phone sales and card sales at shows as not everyone has paypal. There are several companies doing card sale applications for websites etc as you know and one or two doing the mpos which where you can take card payments on phones and laptops at shows and over the phone. I would suggest for Peter the mpos system would be ideal and there is a firm which advertises in the Market Traders newsletter who are very good. I was doing anything up to 40% of the takings with cards and shows for turned and flat wood products at shows. I still use the mpos for phone and shop sales. It is ideal if you are only doing a few events as the running costs are very low. Regards lc

Comment

Thanks LC, I'll do a bit of research and see what I can find out about it. I agree being able to take cards would be handy but as yet I haven't really had a big enough turnover to warrant it. Whether that is something that will change we can only hope for.

pete
                    Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
                    X