card machine insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• card machine insurance

I'm about to become the proud owner of a chip & pin machine (I'm very excited) I'm wondering if it will be covered in my standard business insurance policy, but as this is with Direct Line, I'm not convinced. If anyone has a machine, do you have it specified on your policy etc as more of an 'add on'?

thanks, cj
    www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
    Become a facebook fan
    Check out my blog

Hi CJ

As you know, I hire my chip & pin through 123-send and the rental covers it for damage, etc. I haven't had to add anything extra to my insurance. I am sure that it would fall under 'business equipment' if you own the machine. If you are renting it, it should be covered by the rental company.

Congrats on getting the machine - I hope it helps improve sales for you (it certainly did for me) Did you go via the FSB in the end?
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Gosh. I always assumed mine was. Ring Direct line to check? Or just go through the small print?
      My chip and pin machine did up sales but not to the extent hyped by some people. I've found my old cash and cheque people have switched to paying by card. There's the odd customer who hates PayPal and would rather phone a payment through.
      The best thing about it is you actually do get paid. I was accumulating a small wad of unpaid invoices each year.

Comment

I joined the FSB, but then realised the card machine contract was for 3 years and that put me off. I'm not confident enough to commit to 3 years at this stage.

In the end I got a machine through card save, where the fee's are ok and the contract is for just a year. I was told that if the machine was damaged or stolen they would claim on my insurance, so to make sure it was covered.

I'll give Direct Line a call, whats the betting they say no lol!

cj
        Become a facebook fan
        Check out my blog

Comment

Not as hard as I thought. Direct Line have added it to my policy for £4 ish for the remainder of the term. So it is covered for accidental and full loss (apart from the standard exclusions of course) There is an excess but at least I know I'm covered

cj
          Become a facebook fan
          Check out my blog

Comment

Working...
          X