Buying Fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Fabric

Hi I wonder if ayone can help I want to put in a big order for fabric ( for bags and kids clothes) can any one point me in the right direction for a good supplier in the UK I've been ordering from US but not sure if this is cheaper in the long run as my last lot I had to pay extra for tax and postage.
    Joanne

Hi HP

I suppose it all depends on what sort of fabric you want and what sort of price your paying at the moment.
    Annette

Comment

I really like Moda Amy Butler or just any bright funky fabric really.
      Joanne

Comment

Jules at Appletree Crafts would be a good one to speak to. She has just placed an order for the US for some lovely VW camper van material and might be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I'm Waiting...

...for my reprodepot order. No idea whether or not it'll get knobbled for import tax. Sometimes C&E are very random...

I mostly buy my fabrics from US, so I can't recommend any UK suppliers. You might get canvas type fabrics at Dunelm Mills.

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts
          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

No ide if they deliver but Fabricland have some great kiddy fabrics to choose from.
            https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Just looked up fabricland. They do have a website http://www.fabricland.co.uk but I'll warn you - it's not the best in the world! It'll give you a rough idea of what they have though.
              Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
              My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
              My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Hi Joanne, I guess it depends on what you are looking for & how much, we sell a lot of Moda / Lecien ranges and we ship in from the Netherlands & the U.S. are you looking for wholesale?

Lisa xx
                eat, sleep, breathe, STITCH!
                www.buttonberry.com
                www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
                buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Hi buttonberry,If just taken alook at your website it looks fab and in future I will be using it, but I've just order a load of fabric yardage from the US. I love your blog really cheerful I myself I'm trying to get around to doing one.
                  Joanne

Comment

Supply From China

Originally posted by higgledy-piggledy View Post
                    Hi buttonberry,If just taken alook at your website it looks fab and in future I will be using it, but I've just order a load of fabric yardage from the US. I love your blog really cheerful I myself I'm trying to get around to doing one.

I'm new for this forum,and let me introduce myself to all of you.

I'm from China and majoy in foreign trade business,we are supply many producs such as household goods,wood products,giftwares,stationary,bedding article ,fabrics etc,if the products you required we not hv,we also can help to search in our china market and select
                    the lowest price which you needed for all of you.

Why not chose me for your fabric supply from china?

ANNA

Last edited by swirlyarts; 10-06-2007, 11:01 AM. Reason: Stop spamming the forum!

Comment

Hi I wonder if ayone can help I want to put in a big order for fabric ( for bags and kids clothes) can any one point me in the right direction for a good supplier in the UK I've been ordering from US but not sure if this is cheaper in the long run as my last lot I had to pay extra for tax and postage.
                      it should depend on the quantity and what kinds of material you want to buy,most of our clients often buy 600 x 300D/PVC for the bag's material and canvas also.
                      about the Kid's clothing,they like select pure cotton fabric material.
                      relate to the price you said which is the best,import or buy in Uk, yes, the price is a little different for these two choice, buy Uk, if in a factory,maybe good price, if buy from agent or trade company,it is higher,because many of them also import from other country.in this situation, i suggest you import them directly will be better price.even include custom taxes.

Comment

it should depend on the quantity and what kinds of material you want to buy,most of our clients often buy 600 x 300D/PVC for the bag's material and canvas also.
                        about the Kid's clothing,they like select pure cotton fabric material.
                        relate to the price you said which is the best,import or buy in Uk, yes, the price is a little different for these two choice, buy Uk, if in a factory,maybe good price, if buy from agent or trade company,it is higher,because many of them also import from other country.in this situation, i suggest you import them directly will be better price.even include custom taxes.

Comment

Working...
                        X