Big Day Tomorrow!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Day Tomorrow!!

Well tomorrow is my big day, my one year anniversary of buying my business!!! Not sure weather to be be excited or terrified. Will it be busy or a complete washout. It has been quiet all week, but hopefully that is because i have offered a 10% discount off everything tomorrow and they will all turn up then, hope so.
    We are offering wine and choccies, free face painting and hair wraps for the kids, demo where they can come and make a shrink plastic keyring or brooch or phone charm, and our raffle is being drawn.

Think i might go in a bit early to move the shop around a bit, to make everyone look round a bit more.

i feel a bit like these characters at the moment!

Heather
    www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
    for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
    www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
    craftyaddicts blog site
    www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
    My personal blog
    http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Hi Heather

Glad you took in some of the ideas for the day. It will be a raging success I bet. Remember plenty of wine flowing (for them not you - you'll need your wits about you) amazing how much you will spend when you are half gassed.

Good luck

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

GOOOD LUCK! I hope everything goes swimmingly i'm sure it will and you'll be rushing about all day! It sounds like you'll be putting on quite a good day even for browsers so i'm sure they wil come back again and again!!

Let us know how it goes!

Lisa xx
      eat, sleep, breathe, STITCH!
      www.buttonberry.com
      www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
      buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Good luck Heather - sure it will be a raging success. Hope you sell loads and make lots of lovely new contacts
        Mary
        www.somata.co.uk
        www.stitchnglass.co.uk
        www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
        www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed.
          www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
          craftyaddicts blog site
          My personal blog

Comment

i HOPE YOU HAVE A VERY SUCCESSFUL DAY.

sounds like your going to be very busy organizing and sorting things out and thats without the customers. Hope you make loads of sale but more importantly - enjoy your day.

You are living the dream that a lot of us would love to do, i'm glad your making the most of it

Can't wait to hear how you got on.
            Emma
            Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
            Sassy Crafts Blog
            My Blog

Comment

I hope you are having a good day and joining in with the wine and choccys too
              Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
              Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Disaster!!

I joined in with the wine and choccies but only to drown my sorrows. What a disaster, between 10am and 3pm we had 3 customers through the door!!!!!!! we had a small rush of people at a bout 3pm that lasted about half an hour and that was it. What a big waste of time and effort. I can only say i hope it was due to it being a bank holiday weekend. i didnt see any of our regular customers.

I think i shall have a few beers tonight and get squiffy, that might make me feel better.

A very fed up Heather
                www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
                craftyaddicts blog site
                My personal blog

Comment

Awww, im so sorry.....you must be very dissapointed, I know I would. Maybe the bank hol has had something to do with it...weather been nice so people have gone away etc

Keep smiling....keep going....keep trying....and have a drink or two

Raising a cyber glass to you from Cheshire xxx
                  Debbie
                  www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

What a shame after all that hard work - I am raising a glass to you too from Leeds.
                    Mary
                    www.somata.co.uk
                    www.stitchnglass.co.uk
                    www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
                    www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by heavenlygirl View Post
                      I joined in with the wine and choccies but only to drown my sorrows. What a disaster, between 10am and 3pm we had 3 customers through the door!!!!!!! we had a small rush of people at a bout 3pm that lasted about half an hour and that was it. What a big waste of time and effort. I can only say i hope it was due to it being a bank holiday weekend. i didnt see any of our regular customers.

I think i shall have a few beers tonight and get squiffy, that might make me feel better.

A very fed up Heather
                      That's a real shame - after all your hard work. Chin up though your stuff is gorgeous and you will no doubt get people saying they were away for the bank holiday weekend and missed it.

Lisa
                      Bowed Over
                      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

How disappointing for you. It just shows how fickle "the public" can be.

You'll just have to bluff it for the next couple of weeks and tell your customers what a great day they missed!

Linda

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of your dissapointing day especially after all the hard work you put in.
                          Emma
                          Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                          Sassy Crafts Blog
                          My Blog

Comment

Sorry to hear it didnt go as well as expected.

I agree with the others about the bank holiday plus the good weather aint going to help.

Chin up Heather.

Julz

Comment

Hi,

sorry to hear it didn't go too well. It's so hard to know how things will turn out. All we can do is plan as best we can and see what happens. This time it didn't come off, next time it will.

Hang in there. All the best luck in the world.

Steve
                              Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
                              www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
                              Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

Working...
                              X