Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merchant Account? - don't make me laugh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchant Account? - don't make me laugh!

I am really fed up, and hope you guys don't mind if I have a little rant here.
    A few weeks ago I decided to get a chip and pin machine in the hope of increasing sales at the craft fairs. After doing some research I sent off to Streamline for their paperwork, but after it arrived I was still looking for something a bit cheaper. Through the forum here I hit on the FSB, and joined them. The guy I joined through said he would put in motion everything that was needed to get me my chip and pin in time for the 3 day Bank Holiday weekend craft fair I am doing - we just about had enough time. I received everything from 123-Send to get the actual machine, but have received nothing about the merchant bank account. I have been hassling everyone concerned, and it turns out that because I had contacted Streamline beforehand, when the request came from the FSB they just lumped the two together and waited for me to return the original forms, even though the pricing on them was wrong. They didn't bother to contact me either then or after all the hassling. There is no way I will sign something when the pricing on it is wrong, and now it is too late and I won't be able to have the machine for the craft fair. The guy from Streamline hasn't even had the courtesy to phone me today and explain what is going on.
    I am SOOOOO fed up! The temptation to tell them to stick their merchant account where the sun don't shine is almost getting the better of me - but if I want the cheaper prices through the FSB I am going to have to play along. AAArrrghhhh. There isn't even any guarantee it will be sorted out in time for my next fair the following weekend.
    I think I will go in the garden now and eat worms......
    Thanks for listening...
    Mary
    www.somata.co.uk
    www.stitchnglass.co.uk
    www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
    www.somata-pmc.co.uk

what a pain in the butt. i dont think people who work at those places understand the importance of these machines to the crafty community & how much of an expense it is for a sole trader. it's clearly not very professional of them to not bother checking the pricing and is just plain lazy. i hope you get everything sorted and sorry it's been a hassle.
    Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
    Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

Hi Mary,

Sorry about all the messing round your having at the moment, you must be frustrated and a little ticked off by it all - I know I would.

Hope it all gets sorted for you very soon!

I am looking at chip and pin as I am opening a shop next mth in Nantwich. Is it more reasonable to go through FSB? ....just looking at the the ins and outs and its mind boggling....

Bang olufsen are next door to my shop so hoping to get some of there customers!

Good luck with your fair and don't worry too much about not having your machine - if someone wants something enough they will pay in cash or leave a deposit etc if its something a little more pricey.
      Debbie
      www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

debs, a shop?! excellent news!! good luck with that mate x
        Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
        Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

Yikes!

I just signed up with the FSB on Tuesday, mid you I had a very nice lady from Streamline call me on Wednesday! I have had more trouble with the guy who called me regarding insurance telling me what I wanted and didn't want!

I hope you get it sorted and get your chip and pin unit soon!
          Lucinda x

Comment

Originally posted by handmadeheaven.biz View Post
            debs, a shop?! excellent news!! good luck with that mate x

Beaut of a shop it is too...hav pics but can't seem to get them into attachments on here to show.

Funny you have done the weave platters and ive just finished a commission for a set! for a interior designer [get alot of work off her]....That syle seems popular! ..keep them going they look fab

Have a go at a long rectangle one...they look nice too.
            Debbie
            www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Im sorry to hear you have had such a hard time..... My boyf just cancelled his account with streamline after they messed him about so much so to me it doesn't come as a surprise!! Still i hope it does all get sorted out for you and everything goes well at the shows
              eat, sleep, breathe, STITCH!
              www.buttonberry.com
              www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
              buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Thanks everyone - it's so nice to feel that there are some nice people out there 'on my side'. Unfortunately the tale of woe continues - 3 day craft fair coming up tomorrow and I will be handing out business cards, course/workshop leaflets and jewellery party leaflets, all directing people to my Somata site, and guess what - the site went down some time this evening along with the Somata email. I can't imagine that anyone from the hosting company will be in over the weekend to fix it, but you never know......
                Stress levels high and rising....!!!!
                I think I'll take up some nice quiet relaxing hobby, like lion taming, or snake charming......
                Mary
                www.somata.co.uk
                www.stitchnglass.co.uk
                www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                  Thanks everyone - it's so nice to feel that there are some nice people out there 'on my side'. Unfortunately the tale of woe continues - 3 day craft fair coming up tomorrow and I will be handing out business cards, course/workshop leaflets and jewellery party leaflets, all directing people to my Somata site, and guess what - the site went down some time this evening along with the Somata email. I can't imagine that anyone from the hosting company will be in over the weekend to fix it, but you never know......
                  Stress levels high and rising....!!!!
                  I think I'll take up some nice quiet relaxing hobby, like lion taming, or snake charming......

Awwwwwwwww Mary ...you must be at the end of your tether...Im so sorry, I do hope the weekend goes well and evens out your week.

So annoying when things out of your control go wrong.
                  Lion taming lol...

Chin up and keep smiling.....grey clouds have silver linings...sending you good vibes for the weekend
                  Debbie
                  www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

Debbie - your good vibes certainly worked!! Had the best craft fair day ever!! Sold two beaded watches, my bestest beaded cabochon with Ocean Jasper stone and fresh water pearls, a white crystal bracelet and a fine silver and crystal necklace and earring set!! After everything seeming to go wrong, it was amazing!!
                    Would you mind continuing the good vibe sending for the rest of the weekend please??!!
                    Mary
                    www.somata.co.uk
                    www.stitchnglass.co.uk
                    www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                      Debbie - your good vibes certainly worked!! Had the best craft fair day ever!! Sold two beaded watches, my bestest beaded cabochon with Ocean Jasper stone and fresh water pearls, a white crystal bracelet and a fine silver and crystal necklace and earring set!! After everything seeming to go wrong, it was amazing!!
                      Would you mind continuing the good vibe sending for the rest of the weekend please??!!
                      FANTASTIC Good vibes on there way to you right now....and ive had my shreddies too, so watch out
                      Anyone else want some vibes? special rate this weekend

Seriously - im really pleased, well done.
                      Debbie
                      www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X