Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for postage from oversease

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if there is anyway that you can arrange to pay postage from overseas. The fees for shipping stock over from America are huge and someone told me that you can pay for the postage here. Has anyone done this?

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Hi Lisa - I don't know the answer myself, but would be very interested to know if such a thing is possible. shipping costs put me off buying stuff from the US, but they have lots of lovely beady things over there....
    Mary
    www.somata.co.uk
    www.stitchnglass.co.uk
    www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
    www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

Don't know the answer but have a look on www.royalmail.com . You might be able to contact someone there.
      Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
      Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

I've not heard of this but you might be able to do something like this through ups or someone like that. You may as well email them and see what they say - let us know how you get on!
        Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
        My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
        My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

I have just phoned the UK branks of UPS and they say you can do this. All you need to do is phone the US branch of UPS and they will arrange it and take payment. I have the number for the US branch if anyone wants it.

All the best.

Lisa
          Bowed Over
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

How does it work? You ring the USA branch of UPS for example and ask them to pick up the package form the supplier rather than getting the supplier to sort it?

I'd be very interested to know how much the savings can be.

The £ has hit the $2 mark today.

Also though don't forget the VAT man is waiting for you at customs!!

Steve
            Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
            www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
            Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

I think that is pretty much how it works. I thought it might save a bit on delivery costs. Know the lovely Customs and Excise people want their cut too but I think that is included in the UPS quote.

All the best

Lisa
              Bowed Over
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Sounds good! Although I would definately check that the VAT is included. I buy things things from the USA now and again, using both Royal Mail and Fedex. In both instances, on larger parcels, I have had to pay VAT upon entry.

Having said that, even with postage and VAT costs it still works out much cheaper than buying in the UK, especially with such a good exchange rate at the moment.

The only downside is the carbon footprint of delivery, my little package has to travel too many miles to get to me for my liking. But in the short term I will have to live with it until I can think of another solution!

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

I think the only other solution is to move to the US. Doesn't half stick in your throat when you see what they pay and what we have to pay!!
                  Bowed Over
                  www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Ok, then. I've got a little sachel with two jam butties in, a fizzy drink and a bag of cola cubes. You can share if you want! I'll meet you on the corner of our street in ten...

Steve

Comment

Great - will we just stick a pin in the map and see where we end up!!
                      Bowed Over
                      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X