Websites....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websites....

So i have just ordered my very own Mr Site from play.com (24.99 inc P&P)
    I have some time off this week so hopefully i will get stuck into it.
    Be prepared for my list of questions...
    The first conundrum is about stock.
    I only make one of each item, is it easy to control this on the website, i mean when someone (hopefully) buys the item is there an easy way to remove it automatically?
    I have a big party coming up so i can't really put the items i've got now on the website can i? I suppose i just have to make loads of extra stuff specially for the site. This is all confusing me a bit - how do you all keep track, or does the site do it all for you?
    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

I'm Just Doing Mine...

...my site for me, not the craft fairs.

I might make 15 aprons, but they'll all be the same, but different. Variations on a theme if you like. I thought the best way was to have a few for sale, but also a page to order personalised ones. Perhaps a gardening one, or with a name on it, and I'll put photos of all the aprons I've made on that page, so customers can see just what can be done.

I can do the same with my book bags & laundry bags.

I think I'll run into difficulties with my pictures, which are one-offs though...I need to ponder that a little longer.

Right now, I'm still caught up with the 'about me' blurb....

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
      The first conundrum is about stock.
      I only make one of each item, is it easy to control this on the website, i mean when someone (hopefully) buys the item is there an easy way to remove it automatically?
      I have a big party coming up so i can't really put the items i've got now on the website can i? I suppose i just have to make loads of extra stuff specially for the site. This is all confusing me a bit - how do you all keep track, or does the site do it all for you?
      As far as I know there is no way to have items removed when they are sold. I've just had a big order on my (mr) site so I have now got to go through and remove everything thats been sold.

I think the only way to cover it is to have a note on the items that are one off's saying only one available and first come first served etc (but in a nicer way lol).
      - A whole world of fluffy stuff.

Comment

Rather than removing the items immediately when they have sold why not remove the price and where you put the item description put SOLD - THANK YOU!

Then not only are you covered but it makes your sales look really busy and perhaps tempt more buyers.
        Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
        Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Just need to put it in your T&C's and a note *

As long as you refund people fast or offer something similar then your customer will be happy..

Its good to list sold out items on a site as people may contact you and request a similar item...

Good luck

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
          (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Working...
          X