cellophane wrap for lavender bags & tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cellophane wrap for lavender bags & tags

Hi, could anyone help. Im in the process of making some lavender bags to sell and ive noticed some people use cellophane wrap to do this. Does anyone know what size I need and where i could buy the tags saying "made by" etc to attatch to the bag?

Please help i'm just starting out so haven't a clue.

Sarahx

Also is misi a good place to start selling? Ive had a look on there today and a lot of the craft items are really nice.

do you want to wrap the finished bag in the cellophane for display? I don't think you could make an actual bag of lavender out of cellophane as the smell would not permeate sufficiently but you could use it to protect the lavender bag.

Comment

You can get florists cellophane on ebay either clear, or with various patterns printed on it (I tend to buy the tiny white spot one as it serves many purposes!) I think I paid about £5 inc P&P for 10 metres just before Christmas.

I use it for wrapping odd shaped items, so I tend to cut off a piece big enough (sorry, no formula, mostly trial and error!) then I put the item in the middle, and gather up the corners, then gather up the excess, and tie it off with raffia, ribbon, or whatever..

Doing it that way does make the item a bit more "substantial", and that may be problematical for you transporting stock and so forth, so for flatter items you could try the cellophane self seal envelopes - the kind card makers use for protecting a card and envelopes - either from a craft shop, or one of the many online craft outlets. They come in a range of sizes.

One other option is to try one of the battery operated bag sealers (or indeed, one of the electric ones if you are doing larger quantities) The battery ones are fairly simple to use, you just run the open top of a cellophane or plastic bag through it, and tiny elements heat seal the two layers. you could either use bought in bags, or the florist cellophane on a roll, just use the heat sealer to create a tube, and then cut off sections, seal one open end, pop in your item, and seal the top.. quite labour intensive and tedious for anything other than a small number of items though.. unless you are the kind of person who likes popping bubble wrap for hours on end!.

Tie on labels are easy to make for yourself, just print off your message using a word processor (use "cut and paste" to repeat it many times) on a sheet of A4 card - most printers will handle a reasonable card weight.. then you can cut them out by hand, or if you need a lot, consider buying a die cutter - you can buy a simple tag cutter in various sizes for about £8 - £15, and it works just like a hole punch.. or something like the X Cut Impress or Cuttle Bug which are cutting machines with a wide range of interchangeable die cut designs..

Comment

I have emailed you

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
          do you want to wrap the finished bag in the cellophane for display? I don't think you could make an actual bag of lavender out of cellophane as the smell would not permeate sufficiently but you could use it to protect the lavender bag.

Hi, it would be just for displaying the bag.

Sarah x

Comment

Originally posted by sparkysdad View Post
            You can get florists cellophane on ebay either clear, or with various patterns printed on it (I tend to buy the tiny white spot one as it serves many purposes!) I think I paid about £5 inc P&P for 10 metres just before Christmas.

I use it for wrapping odd shaped items, so I tend to cut off a piece big enough (sorry, no formula, mostly trial and error!) then I put the item in the middle, and gather up the corners, then gather up the excess, and tie it off with raffia, ribbon, or whatever..

Doing it that way does make the item a bit more "substantial", and that may be problematical for you transporting stock and so forth, so for flatter items you could try the cellophane self seal envelopes - the kind card makers use for protecting a card and envelopes - either from a craft shop, or one of the many online craft outlets. They come in a range of sizes.

One other option is to try one of the battery operated bag sealers (or indeed, one of the electric ones if you are doing larger quantities) The battery ones are fairly simple to use, you just run the open top of a cellophane or plastic bag through it, and tiny elements heat seal the two layers. you could either use bought in bags, or the florist cellophane on a roll, just use the heat sealer to create a tube, and then cut off sections, seal one open end, pop in your item, and seal the top.. quite labour intensive and tedious for anything other than a small number of items though.. unless you are the kind of person who likes popping bubble wrap for hours on end!.

Tie on labels are easy to make for yourself, just print off your message using a word processor (use "cut and paste" to repeat it many times) on a sheet of A4 card - most printers will handle a reasonable card weight.. then you can cut them out by hand, or if you need a lot, consider buying a die cutter - you can buy a simple tag cutter in various sizes for about £8 - £15, and it works just like a hole punch.. or something like the X Cut Impress or Cuttle Bug which are cutting machines with a wide range of interchangeable die cut designs..

Thanks for your help. Thats really useful info you've given me!

Sarahx

Comment

Working...
            X