Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Website Hates

Hi
    Yesterday there was a thread about the dislike of having to fill forms in on a website just to get some basic info.

One of my pet hates is seeing Merry Christmas on the home page in the middle of March, or looking at the "come and meet us page" and it is all for 2008.

Do you have a pet hate on websites?

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Annoying music & flash moving banners....
    I find them very distracting and they're the quickest way
    to get me shutting down the site screen
    Nic xx
    **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
    Different prize every month
    Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
    PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Rubbish colours.
      Not deliberatley chosen - that might have style, just not thought about at all colours - and lots off them to compound the assault on my eyeballs.
      AnnieAnna

Comment

ooh yes bright colours and moving bits, sends me dizzy.

Also when you click to look at something it sends you off to another site!

Or sites that don't display their p&p or even the real price of their goods (ie including VAT) have been caught with this before on the paper bag websites

Also adding VAT after they have added the P&P!!!!!!
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Music, definitely music - I shut the website down straight away especially if I'm at the shop. Also those annoying little stars or 'fairydust' that follow the cursor around whenever I move the mouse - aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh NO!!!

They are the two that sprung to mind but I'm sure I'll be back in true grumpy old woman styleee to add more later
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
            Hi
            Yesterday there was a thread about the dislike of having to fill forms in on a website just to get some basic info.

One of my pet hates is seeing Merry Christmas on the home page in the middle of March, or looking at the "come and meet us page" and it is all for 2008.

Do you have a pet hate on websites?

Jane
            last year I was looking round my local schools websites for their pta details/school fetes etc - ones school I found was still advertising the coming up event as a 2004 event!!!
            http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
            Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
            My Facebook

Comment

blocks of text in Capital letters drives me nuts OR DO I MEAN DRIVES ME NUTS
              Chris xx
              My Website
              My Blog

Comment

pop ups are the worst, I never trust a website that has a load of pop ups for bingo sites and stuff. Music aswell, also videos that play without you asking them to. And those adverts that go big when you rollover them so you cant see the stuff underneath.

I love a good grumble
                flickr
                blog
                my website
                etsy

Comment

When I can't find the P&P details easily

Comment

Music, anything chasing the cursor around, fancy flash sites, unless they have a 'skip intro' option, clashing colours - I think I'm just repeating what everyone else hates, so we are all as bad as each other, lol.
                    Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hopefully, not as bad as each other, more learning from each other.

Jane
                      www.just-soaps.com
                      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Yep agree with all of the above & phew haven't got any of them on mine

I don't like music on blogs either, I love blog hopping and I've usually got iTunes playing in the background so it just clashes when music comes blaring out.
                        "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
                        Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
                        Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Agree with everything - except the sound which would irritate the heck out of me if I had the speakers turned on, but I keep them muted unless I specifically need them. I hate any sort of noise coming out of IT machinery, especially those little bleeps and clicks and that very annoying noise when Windows is booting up!

Linda

Comment

Pages that take too long to load and...
                            Unfinished websites - when you click on a page title that sounds interesting and find there's nothing on it.

Marion
                            Marion
                            Embroidered Originals
                            Here is my Blog
                            Embroidered_Originals website
                            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

GOM Alert (Grumpy Old Man!)

I dislike:

Sites that have a static page that takes ages to load, then say "click here to enter"!! WHY!"! if I didnt want to be there, I wouldnt have sat here for the past 10 minutes waitng for the stupid page to load!!!

Empty pages..! you find a website with a comprehensive menu, then every link you click on says page under construction or "come back soon!" yeah right, you had this site up years and still theres nothing.. I really must rush back next week to find out you wasted all your time and money getting a website you can't use or update!!..

Hidden "Contact us" links.. Web sites are about promotion information awareness etc.. if you dont want us to reach you, dont put up a website you numpties!!

I need a lie down and a bournvita now...

Comment

Working...
                              X