Omygod, what have I done!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omygod, what have I done!!

Help anyone! I've just found a site called Pyzam.com which offers free templates and backgrounds, and it has a tool called Background Uploader where I could put one of my photos as a background on my blog.
    But it looks AWFUL and I can't find a way to get rid of it.
    Wish I'd left well alone.
    Marion
    Marion
    Embroidered Originals
    Here is my Blog
    Embroidered_Originals website
    Follow me on Twitter

can't you just repeat the process... either choose a better pic, or create a "blank" pic (i.e. just a flat single colour background) in one of the photoshop type programs??

(I can set up a neutral image for you if you don't have photoshop or similar!)

Comment

Yes I did think about a "blank" pic too, but the only thing is there are two logos advertising Pyzam.com plastered on the pic too and they're quite obtrusive.
      Marion
      Embroidered Originals
      Here is my Blog
      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

errm.. well, if the logo is the same colour on every image, you could "sample" the colour of the logo and make the background the same colour and it would dissapear lol (though they probably thought of that one too!)

Comment

I've tried deleting the link ( or whatever it's called) in the html thingy ( you can tell I'm an expert lol) but it keeps reappearing.
          Anyway, my brain has stopped working for tonight so I'm off to bed and as Scarlet O'Hara said "I'll think about it tomorrow".
          Marion
          PS Who the hell's Scarlet O'Hara, I hear all you youngsters saying!
          Marion
          Embroidered Originals
          Here is my Blog
          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

I just checked.. errm for future ref, please don't try these things at home..!! You can tell by the general language used on the site that "support" is going to be low on their list of priorities!!

Anyways, back to solutions..

From what I can see, you have to enter some HTML code to get the chosen pic to display.. be that on Myspace or on blogger.. it would seem the solution is to retrace your steps, up to the point where you copied in the code, and delete it from your settings...

""9. I tweaked my Layout using your code, but want to put it back. How do I do that?
            Just delete the code you put in! That's the ONLY way. And since we obviously can't tell what the code is you put in, as we don't know what tweak you did, the best way for you to remember what code you need to delete is to find the code on our site again. Then take a good look at it and find that code on your page and remove it. Simple!""

Does that make sense??

Comment

Hi Sparkysdad - thanks for going to all that trouble for me. I found something like that FAQ on their site too, and that's what I tried to do but the when I delete the code and save the changes, nothing happens!
              Groan.
              Marion
              Marion
              Embroidered Originals
              Here is my Blog
              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Marion Mitchell View Post
                I've tried deleting the link ( or whatever it's called) in the html thingy ( you can tell I'm an expert lol) but it keeps reappearing.
                Anyway, my brain has stopped working for tonight so I'm off to bed and as Scarlet O'Hara said "I'll think about it tomorrow".
                Marion
                Frankly my dear I dont......

When you delete the HTML did you "save" changes before exiting??

One other thing, your blogger may have some HTML in it as standard formatting, It may be worth the time to create a second account, go find the HTML code, copy and paste it from the new account, over the Pyzam code.. or if thats intimidating, contact your blog host Tech support, and ask them to resend (or re set!) your HTML code

Comment

This a problem I'm going to leave till tomorrow.
                  Marion
                  Embroidered Originals
                  Here is my Blog
                  Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Try going to your dashboard, selecting layout, choosing new template & picking a Minima template. It doesn't have an "image" so it will hopefully write it over with a white background..(Hopefully)
                    Nic x
                    **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
                    Different prize every month
                    Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
                    PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Hi Nic
                      Well I had a good sleep and got up this morning hoping it had all been a dream, but no there it was - a huge picture obliterating most of the text.
                      Anyway, I've just tried your suggestion, but all I got was a white background and still that damned picture.
                      Marion
                      Marion
                      Embroidered Originals
                      Here is my Blog
                      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Hi Marion

I think I might have found the offending bit of code. You could try the following, it may work, it may not!

Go to your blog dashboard and select Layout then Edit HTML. Look through all the code - it'll be like looking for a needle in a haystack I'm afraid, but your looking for something that looks like this:

background-image:http://www.pyzamstuff.com/user_image...839942798c.jpg);

it could well be in the middle of the longest line.

Delete this and save the template. Then see what happens.

I make no promises, and you do this at your own risk, but I think that this is the offending image!

Good Luck!

Jeff
                        site: www.dotsandspots.biz
                        blog: http://dotsandspotsdesign.blogspot.com/
                        MISI page: www.dotsandspots.misi.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Marion Mitchell View Post
                          Marion

hehehehee I havent heard that name for awhile. It used to be my nickname at school and in my first job. Simply because my last name was O'Hara (wish it still was!) but frankly my dear I don't give a damn!!!

Wasnt Rhet Butler gorgeous, if a bit of a pig! mind you Scarlet could do with a slap too!

Sorry I can't help with your problem, I'm useless with computer techno stuff
                          Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Hi Jeff
                            OK - I did what you suggested but I can't find anything remotely like the like the pyzam code, although I've ben through it a few times.
                            My next plan is to phone my son and plead ignorance, maybe bribe him with a homemade steak pie, and see if he can rescue his old Mum.
                            I'll keep you "posted" pardon the pun.

Hi Diane
                            Scarlet had an easy life -no computers.

Marion
                            Marion
                            Embroidered Originals
                            Here is my Blog
                            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

WooHoo!!!!!

It's fixed!
                              I just got mad - son and I had tried to find the code without success - then I noticed that Pyzam had posted a message on MY blog, blatant advertising. So I deleted it and ...hey presto... the picture disappeared too! Son says they must have hidden the link in the post. Crafty.
                              So... back to my good old blog, this time with a tasteful plain grey background - kinda like this one.
                              Again, as always, I'm amazed at the kindness of the people on this forum who spend their valuable time trying to find a solution.
                              Thanks all.

(Happy) Marion
                              Marion
                              Embroidered Originals
                              Here is my Blog
                              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X