car magnet signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car magnet signs

Has anyone found these work for them? I know they're free at the moment (at vistaprint) but thought it'd be useful to see if anyone had ordered one before?

Thanks
    victoria

never used them bu iv seen a guy a few doors down with them. He peels them off and changes them whenever he need to. seem like a good idea! Not seen the vistaprint ones though.
    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Hi - I don't know about car magnets - but businesses wouldn't spend all that money on sign writing on their vans if it didn't work - it certainly works for us.

Never been a fan of vista p - they are expensive - even when free, I find everything they do I can get a better job done with local companies at a fraction of the cost.

HTH

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I had one on my car for a while, but it went missing just before Christmas (umm strange!) It stayed on my car for about six months though. I don't think they're that expensive but whether it got me any extra business I'm not sure it did.
        Amanda
        xx

Comment

All advertising is good including car advertising. However my friend got the free car magnets from Vista and on her first drive out they blew off after she reached about 20 or 30 mph.

HTH.

Lisa
          Bowed Over
          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
            they blew off after she reached about 20 or 30 mph.

HTH.

Lisa
            No good for doing a tone on the motorway then!
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi I got 2 and one has gone missing (stolen or fallen) and the other tends to be on my fridge!!

I must remember to actually use it!!!

I am sure you could get better locally!!
              Rach

Facebook
              Website
              Blog
              Folksy

Comment

I got the Vistprint ones, my son was mortified at the very idea so they didn't go on the car for ages but I told him to get over himself and I put them on. One flew off somewhere on M25 - I didn't see it happen imagine getting home and having that stuck to your car now the other one is on the fridge.
                I think advertising is a good idea, as mentioned so many vans/cars/taxis have it, but unless you want to take them off often I would suggest decals in the window - at least that's what I am going to do next!
                Terry xxx
                You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

I think they work. as long as it's a good, simple design that's printed on them. i have 2 on my Mini (one on each door) and they seem to work. i have sold items to people that live in Dundee and it's because they have seen my car parked.

i got mine from Vistaprint and they seem to have done something for my business. i think you should get them if they are free. or get one. i opted for the larger size but i also got a small one for free. i prefer the larger one however.
                  Vintage Style & Shabby Chic Jewellery... www.hungrydesigns.com

Our Online Shop... http://hungrydesigns.etsy.com/

Blog... http://hungrydesigns.blogspot.com/

Twitter... http://twitter.com/hungrydesigns

My Illustrations & Art... www.amandawhitelaw.com

Comment

There is a fridge theme here as I got a free pne from VP and it's on my fridge. I don't think it would stay on the car well.

But I have been told putting signs up inside the back window of your car is a good idea, not tried it yet though.
                    Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by hdflred View Post

But I have been told putting signs up inside the back window of your car is a good idea, not tried it yet though.
                      I think thats a better idea, if you're stuck in traffic what have you got to do but stare at the ad in front. Must be a good bit of advertising.
                      Amanda
                      xx

Comment

Originally posted by colourart View Post
                        I think thats a better idea, if you're stuck in traffic what have you got to do but stare at the ad in front. Must be a good bit of advertising.

I've got one and I think it is fab.

I got it from Angela at Hippy Motors and can highly recommend her.

Cheers.

Lisa
                        Bowed Over
                        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Cheers for the laugh!!!!!

I havent been on this site for a long time but i am so glad i remembered my log in details as i have been cheered up after reading the posts about the car magnets
                          I was thinking of getting 2 from vista print but i will have a re-think about car advertising after hearing that they have flew off all over the place or become an addition to your fridges
                          Thanks for making me laugh
                          Diane

Comment

I've had loads from Vista Print and only lost one - and we travel almost 100 miles round trip via the M62, 3 times every week. The one that we lost actually went missing off the car, from the carpark near the market. We always park the car where the magnet can be seen as you enter the carpark, and our magnets are very bright colours so they stand out. Many new customers tell us that they saw our advert on the car and came looking for us.

For the sake of a few pounds P&P I think they're worth getting.
                            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Hmm some interesting thoughts here.

I too have laughed at the mental image I now have of magnets flying off on the motorway.

I think I may go ahead with VP as P&P isn't that much.

Terry, love the idea of window decals and Lisa your window ad is fab, so simple and clear and to the point. I had a look on the site you recommended and I think I will give this a go. Providing my DH doesn't mind as we share the car!

Thanks for your advice
                              Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X