Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Analytics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Google Analytics

    Think I have spelt that right, not an easy word to master. Have finally got around to setting this up, I can see now how the info tracked can be a help to promotion.

    Does anyone else use this tool?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    Think I have spelt that right, not an easy word to master. Have finally got around to setting this up, I can see now how the info tracked can be a help to promotion.

    Does anyone else use this tool?
    Lots of people I think - particularly anyone I preach to!

    Happy to try and ask any questions (as ever)
    --Matt

    Web Development
    Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi

      I use it - but don't ask me anything technical about it!

      I can't get my head around "bouncing! though.

      Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
        Hi

        I use it - but don't ask me anything technical about it!

        I can't get my head around "bouncing! though.

        Jane
        Here's the official definition of bounce rate (from google).

        Basically its an approximate figure which describes the proportion of visitors who exit the site more-or-less immediately (within a few seconds) of visiting.

        So if someone lands on your site and then goes somewhere else right away - that would be a bounce.

        If your bounce rate is over 50%, I would suggest you have problems - over 80 and serious problems - anything under 40% is very good, however!
        --Matt

        Web Development
        Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

        Comment


        • #5
          I love it, seeing how people got to my site, what they were searching for if its a search engine referral, where they come from, what they looked at and how long they stayed, oh and the browser and internet provider they use too.

          All good stuff!
          www.jos-beaded-designs.com

          Comment


          • #6
            I love google analytics too! It's fascinating!

            I only worked out how to add it in to my blog yesterday, so it has only just started working, but it is so interesting!

            I was wondering what bounce rate was too - apparently in the last 24 hours Iv had a 75% bounce rate. That isnt very good at all!

            Comment


            • #7
              I am storing all this information up for when I have enough things to start a website.

              Feeling very new at all this, hopefully I will have some things that I can put up for sale by the end of February.

              Then lol pretty please can I ask more questions
              Take care


              Sandra


              Cat'sEyes

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              http://catseyesjewellery.blogspot.com/

              http://www.funimaging.com

              (A photographic website that I sort of manage)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by claireybear View Post
                I love google analytics too! It's fascinating!

                I only worked out how to add it in to my blog yesterday, so it has only just started working, but it is so interesting!

                I was wondering what bounce rate was too - apparently in the last 24 hours Iv had a 75% bounce rate. That isnt very good at all!
                Oops!

                Although the figures I quote tend to relate more to eCommerce considerations - expectations could well differ for a blog!

                Also remember, your own visits may be included (unless you have set something up to exclude them - I don't bother, because it's fiddling if you are on a dynamic IP - which is most broadband).
                --Matt

                Web Development
                Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ha ha it's probably mainly me that has been visiting then lol! Although I usually leave my blog open in another window when Im on the computer so I can check back whether anyone has left a comment etc.

                  Hopefully as my blog improves with age the bounce rate will get lower!

                  C x

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by matt.chatterley View Post
                    Here's the official definition of bounce rate (from google).


                    If your bounce rate is over 50%, I would suggest you have problems - over 80 and serious problems - anything under 40% is very good, however!
                    Thank you so much for that - I have just rushed to check my bounce rate - how sad am I? Very pleased with result.

                    Jane
                    www.just-soaps.com
                    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by claireybear View Post
                      Ha ha it's probably mainly me that has been visiting then lol! Although I usually leave my blog open in another window when Im on the computer so I can check back whether anyone has left a comment etc.

                      Hopefully as my blog improves with age the bounce rate will get lower!

                      C x
                      If you go into the Visitors section, you can get a stat out for "Unique" visitors - that's the "real" traffic number.

                      This will only count each IP (essentially each user - although a users IP can vary over days, on some home broadband) once per time period.

                      I think blogs may be a bit funny for bounce rate - if the post is not exactly what the user was looking for, they will tend to bounce. Experience is more with eCommerce - where certain facets of design can have a huge impact on bounce rate!
                      --Matt

                      Web Development
                      Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                        Thank you so much for that - I have just rushed to check my bounce rate - how sad am I? Very pleased with result.

                        Jane
                        Ooh, do share, along with your link - curious now (mind you, then we'll all go and look, and mess up your stats!!)
                        --Matt

                        Web Development
                        Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Cat's eyes, you can add google analytics to your blog if you want, not just your own website. I dont think there is a limit to how many websites you add it to?

                          You can get to the sign up page through the main google search page, just fill in your details and the website address of your blog, then copy and paste the html code they give you into a certain place in the html code of your blog.

                          It sounds really complicated but they tell you how to do it step by step and it is really very easy!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            LOL well I have signed up and I am tracking a couple of sites. Both of which I tend to have open. Will be good to see what happens this weekend.

                            Thanks guys you really are the best at finding great ideas.

                            Take care and I will probably not chat until after my course on Monday lunchtime. Might have some time at lunch today but doubt it.

                            Have a fun weekend everyone!!
                            Take care


                            Sandra


                            Cat'sEyes

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                            http://catseyesjewellery.blogspot.com/

                            http://www.funimaging.com

                            (A photographic website that I sort of manage)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by matt.chatterley View Post
                              Ooh, do share, along with your link - curious now (mind you, then we'll all go and look, and mess up your stats!!)
                              www.just-soaps.co.uk

                              sometimes my signature appears - sometimes it doesn't?

                              Jane
                              www.just-soaps.com
                              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X