Paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal

ok I'm about to set up a paypal account for the first time, been meaning to do it for ages but have never got around to it so.....

Stuck at the first hurdle, which account to open.

Personal accounts
    ....can use to send and receive personal payments from friends and family.

or

Premier accounts
    You can also accept credit card, debit card and bank account payments when you sell on eBay or on your own website

Okay so I don't buy and sell on ebay and I don't have a website where I sell things but I do have the odd customer who asks so which one?

The reason I'm a bit confused it that the Premier Accounts state that you can accept debit card & bank account payments, but the Personal Account makes no mention of that, so if I just take the Personal Account how does the person pay money into it?
    Sorry I must seem like a right thicko here, it's just that's it's all new to me

Thanks

I think I picked personal for my misi site. Don't worry this one had me stumped too!
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Thanks Louise, glad it's not just me then

That's the one I would've done but it was just the wording for the Premier Account that got me a bit stumped, just wondered how people would pay into the Persoanl Account if it wasn't by bank account payment, debit or credit card?

Comment

A personal account will have a limit not sure how much but if you loook on the paypal site it will explain it all.
        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Thanks goldy1, do you think that's the main difference then?

Would there be no difference between how people could pay into both types of accounts?

Comment

You can open with a personal but will have to upgrade to a premier. I had to.

I think, if I remember correctly, you can only make/receive about 6 transactions a year (or something stupid like that) but with the premier, you have unlimited transactions. The costings are the same for either account.

I think you have to link your debit/credit card to your paypal account if you are buying, because paypal uses this to fund your purchases if you dont have enough money in your paypal account. If you are only using it for selling it wont be necessary (I think)

Sorry not much help I know, but one thing is for sure the personal account is pants!!!
            Diane
            Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Oh no! I guess if I start getting busy that's what I'll have to do

Comment

from what I remember its easy to upgrade, you dont have to re-register. I only found out because I wanted to buy something on ebay and it told me my limit had been reached!
                Diane

Comment

Phew! I'm not great when it comes to things like this, but from what you said it sounds easy enough

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                    You can open with a personal but will have to upgrade to a premier. I had to.

I think, if I remember correctly, you can only make/receive about 6 transactions a year (or something stupid like that) but with the premier, you have unlimited transactions. The costings are the same for either account.

I think you have to link your debit/credit card to your paypal account if you are buying, because paypal uses this to fund your purchases if you dont have enough money in your paypal account. If you are only using it for selling it wont be necessary (I think)

Sorry not much help I know, but one thing is for sure the personal account is pants!!!
                    That's a great help, thanks

The last time, months ago when I started to set it up it wouldn't let me go any further if I didn't enter my bank details, that's why I just left it.
                    So, now do I not need to enter them, cos I won't be buying anything from it, it would just be for people to send me money?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

but how ware you going to claim the money that is sent to you?
                      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

You still need to put in your bank details otherwise how will paypal give you the money??

The way it works is that paypal hold your bank account details (it is secure) and when anyone buys from you they pay through paypal. Paypal will take the money from them and put it in your paypal account.

When you have £50 or more in your paypal account you can request to transfer it to your bank account. You can request a transfer below £50 but paypal will charge you a nominal fee for doing so.

Also every purchase someone makes from you and pays through paypal, paypal will charge you a percentage (its only pence).

Lots of people (me included) prefer to buy through paypal because the seller does not get my bank details and also the buyer is covered if they dont receive a satisfactory service from the seller or the item is not received and there is no resolution from the seller, then paypal will refund the money and claim it back from the seller.

Sorry if you already know this!!!
                        Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
                          Phew! I'm not great when it comes to things like this, but from what you said it sounds easy enough

If I can do it, it must be easy!!!!
                          Diane

Comment

With a personal account, you can only receive bank or paypal balance funded payments, not those made using a credit or debit card. Since most people are using card funds, it's pretty hard to avoid having to upgrade to premier if you are using it to receive on even an irregular basis. Once you've made the upgrade, the charges are higher too. It's just the way it is!
                            george
                            www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                            www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                            www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Right, that's me done it!

You're right , that was easy

Yes thanks Goldy I knew I would have to put my details in eventually, when I wanted to claim the money from Paypal but I didn't want to put it initially, the first time I did it as I didn't really understand it all.

okay so now the next question, where's my account number to give to someone so that they can put money in?

Thanks Diane you're very patient

Comment

Working...
                              X