Business Link - How to Grow Your Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Link - How to Grow Your Business

On Monday evening went to the above seminar very interesting some of the info was not practical for Retail but certainly gave me some good ideas. One of those is Newsletters have thought about this but being tight was not prepared to buy a monthly package. I have since found on an Apple Mac link that I can download a newsletter template, which I have done and am starting to compile with a view to email/post out at the end of January.

If you get the chance do go along a free evening with coffee and tea and general networking with other business's. This was not hard sell as run by Business Link and have the offer of a mentor session one to one, which will be useful. Know they are repeating this across Hampshire and IOW but not sure about other areas.

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    On Monday evening went to the above seminar very interesting some of the info was not practical for Retail but certainly gave me some good ideas. One of those is Newsletters have thought about this but being tight was not prepared to buy a monthly package. I have since found on an Apple Mac link that I can download a newsletter template, which I have done and am starting to compile with a view to email/post out at the end of January.

If you get the chance do go along a free evening with coffee and tea and general networking with other business's. This was not hard sell as run by Business Link and have the offer of a mentor session one to one, which will be useful. Know they are repeating this across Hampshire and IOW but not sure about other areas.
    You (and indeed anyone else who is interested in doing this) may want to check out the amusingly named MailChimp (link directly to their price plans).

They were recommended to me on another forum, although I have never used them - their prices are reasonable and to be honest, you may be able to take advantage of their free starter package!

Newletters are a good idea - if you can get people to sign up to receive marketing info - as you can use them to advertise new products, special offers, even just to get in touch with people and ask why they haven't been back to shop with you recently!

We did some work on an email marketing system a while ago, and were thinking of opening it out to public sale, but that project has currently been superseeded by others - plus - with competition such as MailChip already out there, hard to compete!

Something else positive which can be done with newsletters is to put together a survey (assuming you run an eShop/eCommerce site) - so that you can get everyones opinions on your site, your products and try to figure out why you don't sell more (lets face it - always room to sell more!).

Tack a little incentive in (e.g. get a 10% off coupon if you reply), and you may even raise some sales out of the research exercise!
    --Matt

Web Development
    Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Working...
    X