Had my stall at call centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my stall at call centre

And I made £91! Yay!!! Not a lot but great considering I was expecting absolutely nothing!

It started out so badly as well - I was late because I got stuck enrolling for a course I wanted to do, got there at 12.30 and had to set up in the cafe while people were all eating. I was so nervous because this was the first time I'd ever done a stall on my own and at a business.

The woman who organised it with me said she usually leaves vendors to it but I looked so petrified that she'd stay with me for a while!

For the first 30 mins I just wanted to leave but I eventually calmed myself down and got settled and made £91 plus a few custom orders! YAY!

Will definitely be going back at Christmas time.
    Yvonne
    x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
    My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Well done - that sounds like a pretty decent earner to me!!
    www.AREjewellery.etsy.com
    http://arehandmadejewellery.blogspot.com/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/AREjewellery

Comment

I've thought of doing that with my cards, but i darednt ring and ask and which companies are the best?

Comment

Call centre stall

Well done Yvonne,
        you won't be so nervous next time, keep at it.
        Kev.
        www.steampunkkaleidoscopes.com
        www.steampunkrelics.co.uk
        If you think you can do a thing or if you think you can't you will be right. Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by elainem View Post
          I've thought of doing that with my cards, but i darednt ring and ask and which companies are the best?
          Well this one was at a Virgin Media call centre. But I've worked in Halifax/UKI/Freemans call centres and a hospital and they all used to have a lot of vendors too.

I think they usually charge a % of your takings (I know that Halifax and Virgin Media do anyway) so you don't need to worry about breaking even. At Virgin this % was given to charity which I think is really good and very worthwhile so I'm happy to pay it.
          Yvonne
          x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
          My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Well done, I would be happy to make £91 and have the prospect of future orders.
            www.littlebead.blogspot.com
            www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Congrats.

I work at Southampton General Hospital and I know that they charge £40 for you to sell in the canteen - just not plucked up enough courage to book anything - perhaps need to do it with someone else as £40 is quite a lot when I am only selling soap at £1.50 per slice.
              The Soap Fairy xx
              www.thesoapfairy.net

Comment

Oh congratulations! Think I'd have been really anxious too! Are you planning to do more, especially in the run-up to Christmas?

knit sew crochet hop..........

my etsy shop www.cloudhopping.etsy.com

my folksy shop www.folksy.com/shops/cloudhopping

my musings www.cloudhoppingdesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow!! Well done!!

Comment

Well done!

Just wanted to say well done! Also, I had a look at your website and noticed your lovely packaging and wondered whether you got a company to print your logo or if you did it yourself?? I've been looking for something similar for my jewellery and thought you might be able to point me in the right direction...........??

Many thanks and well done again on your sales!
                    Marie
                    Ivory Bird Jewellery Blog
                    Facebook Page
                    Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Well done
                      Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Working...
                      X