Ebay prices have gone up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay prices have gone up!!!

Oh my gosh! Has anyone else had the email from ebay about their prices going up?

Shops have changed

We’re retiring Shop Inventory Format, so that as a seller on eBay, Buy It Now is the only format to use for fixed price listings. Your Shop subscription will be a way to get lower insertion fees, especially if you’re listing lots of items, and these listings will have full visibility in main search results.

Which shop is right for you?

You can choose from three different Shops: Basic, Featured and Anchor. Each gives you access to significant discounts on Buy It Now insertion fees, with your listings showing up in the main search results.
    Shop NameQualifying criteriaMonthly subscriptionBuy It Now Insertion FeeTelephone Support Media categoryAll other categories (except vehicles) No shopN/AN/A20p40p BasicMust have minumum 10 positive Feedback or be PayPal Verified£14.9910p20p FeaturedMust meet all of the following: Business registered
    PayPal Verified
    12 month DSR score of 4.4 and above across the four DSRs£49.995p5pYesAnchorMust meet all of the following: Business registered
    PayPal Verified
    12 month DSR score of 4.6 and above across the four DSRs£349.991p1pYes
    Signing up for even the Basic Shop means your insertion fees for Buy It Now listings are 50% lower than if you didn’t have a Shop. Anchor Shops benefit from Buy It Now insertion fees of just 1p, meaning you can put your entire inventory on eBay at much lower cost. In addition, Anchor and Featured Shop subscriptions come with telephone support so you can get help easily and quickly when you need it.

Are they having a laugh???? I've only just worked out HOW to do my shop - with these prices they'll be no point! I can't afford to sell with these charges. Grrr!
    Caroline

Diamond Ideas

http://www.diamondideas.co.uk/

http://twitter.com/DiamondIdeas01

Diamond Ideas is also on facebook!

Go on, add some sparkle to your project!

Yes I received this as well, cancelled my shop some time back and now only use feebay for 2nd hand stuff or things I want to get rid off cheap. Think they will loose out now to ebid and ibootsale and I will certainly think twice about using them again, reading the USA forums I think they are on their way out as so many other options opening up.

Comment

I just got my email from them and lets just say i will be closing my ebay shop very soon , i think a lot of people will be doing the same at those prices its just not worth it anymore !!
      allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

I got the email too.

Very shocked - I thought any new announcements would be in favour of sellers. I certainly won't be selling my charms on there again. Maybe the odd second-hand thing I want to get rid of in the future but I won't be using it for my business.

Almost 10% final value fee is disgraceful!!

I need to calm down...
        Laura Lou xxx

My Beaded Charms Shop - new 3d beaded charms added regularly!

Comment

Well I had my rant about eBay in another thread a couple of days ago so there is no point me repeating it all here! It just bugs me that I still have to rely on Paypal so much as I'd rather just boycott all eBay companies!
          Natalie
          website blog

Comment

OHH MY WORD!!!!

I can't believe it...... how do I close my shop?

Ann

Comment

Ann, I think you go into your subscriptions and close it down there. Be very careful that you get rid of everything, as when I closed my shop a while ago (the new feedback rules were the final straw for me), they still charged me for some report that I got for free with my shop. Needless to say, I had no need for the report once I got rid of my shop, but ebay charged me anyway. Grrrr.

Ebay seem to be doing their level best to drive out all the small sellers and fill their space with wall to wall mass produced cheap tat. Bah humbug !
              www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
              www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
              Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
              Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

I'm going to have to shut my shop, I've got my ebay fees as low as possible as I'm getting more and more business through Google, but I still get commissions via ebay but an increase of over 100% on shop subscriptions is outrageous. I feel so angry as its a rip off and then ebay spinning it that its better for everyone, I don't think so
                Amanda
                xx

Comment

Yeah - we should set up a petition or something!

I totally agree with the rant about Paypal too!

How do you sell through google, if you don't mind me asking? I really want to push with the online stuff so ebays stuff today was not a good start!

All I can say is, ebay.....
                  Caroline

Diamond Ideas

Comment

Hi,

That's it the shop is no more, thank you for the advance warning!!!!

Ann

P.s My husband has found another site called www.cqout.com also .co.uk
                    He says the fees look slightly less than ebay. I think I will investigate!!

Comment

There was an article in Metro today about ebay doing more to encourage 'big sellers', guess us 'little people' don't count any more.

From Metro:
                      Online auction giant eBay will cut fees for fixed-price sales to try to lure more retailers and entrepreneurs to the website.
                      It hopes the measures will make it easier for the 180,000 people in Britain who make a living on eBay to list products in bulk.
                      eBay will no longer charge sellers to upload photos, only take money after the item has sold, and give more prominence to 'buy it now' listings.
                      The company, which attracts 15million visitors a month, yesterday denied it was moving away from auctions, claiming the changes would enable all sellers to have more control.
                      Sparklez.co.uk
                      Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Oh my god - what a load of rubbish that article is!!

Oh I'm SO cross with it all!!!

I've just cancelled my accouant - well I closed my shop - CeeGees is right - you have to be careful to cancel all your subscriptions too! I've tried to cancel the whole accounant and I've had to put in a request to do so which will take 180 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrr.
                        Caroline

Diamond Ideas

Comment

I'd love to see the figures in relation to eBay shop closures as a result of that message... what a joke.

What we need now is a UK equivalent of Etsy to build up and replace the craft side of eBay... anyone know one?

Si.
                          Wood Tattoos
                          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

There's an newish one called Pinkdoodle - it's up and running but there are a lot of bugs and not much buying unfortunately. A real shame, as it's much needed! Have heard promising things about Folksy, but have no experience of it myself.
                            www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
                            www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
                            Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
                            Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                              I'd love to see the figures in relation to eBay shop closures as a result of that message... what a joke.

What we need now is a UK equivalent of Etsy to build up and replace the craft side of eBay... anyone know one?

Si.
                              I've just put a few things on folksy, but I'm not holiding my breath.

I'm going to sound like a real cynic here, but here goes anyway....

Jo Public generally don't really know much about sites like Folksy or Etsy ... they seem to be big within the handmade / craft community and would you buy a personalised PE bag from a seller if you're a craftsperson yourself?

I have made one sale through Etsy the whole time I've been on there.
                              Granted, I haven't done it all "properly" and listed something every few days to get exposure etc, but I simply don't have the time to do that.

My biggest source of orders is through my own website, which has been up for nearly three years. This just goes to show that it takes time to generate online sales, whichever method you choose - unless of course you've got big bucks and can invest in direct Google advertising.

I don't pay for any advertising, so most of my orders come from word-of-mouth. One mum sees another mum with a personalised PE bag and asks where it came from etc. But again, this has all taken time.

I've also found having a blog has made a big difference. I've no idea if it's just coincidence - for all I know, no website visitors read my blog, but I have definitely, definitely seen an increase in orders. Maybe people feel happier knowing there really is a real (mental) person behind it all?!

I only ever use flea-bay on their 5p listing days - I think I've sold one thing doing that, BUT I know it's generated visits to my website because I have a link on my ME page.

I suppose I'm trying to say (in a long and convoluted way) that there is no magic place to sell your stuff... craft fairs are sometimes brilliant, sometimes they're complete crud. I'm now in the fortunate position that I can pick and choose which fairs I book and I did one in May, and I shall do a two-day one at Christmas and that's all I'm doing. Some people sell loads of stuff through etsy/ebay sites, personally, they haven't been right for me.

It's taken me 3 years to be able to say all this and it's still a learning curve!
                              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X