Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partnership - what % profit split

Hi everyone,

Im looking at going into buisness with a friend of mine who's an artist - he will produce the artwork and i will market it and do all the business type things.

I've got lots of ideas and think this could be pretty successfull (fingers crossed) - and at the moment he is doing very little in terms of sales so it should be a win win for both of us.

The only thing im not sure about is how to split the profits. I would like a straight 50/50 and believe that is fair to both of us, but just thought id ask for any other opinions before i propose that figure.

Thoughts anyone?

All the best

Steve
    www.nilasbeads.co.uk

I guess if your artist friend takes out the cost of his/her time and materials prior to splitting 50/50 then it might work. If you expected a straight 50/50 from selling price I wouldn't think your offer would be so attractive.
    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

I think a straight 50/50 split seems fair on the surface, you friend will have time / materials cost involved in producing the work, but you will also incur time / marketing costs as well.

The other option is to each take out your actual (i.e. receipted costs / materials / advertising / stall / brochure costs) from the selling price, and then split the profit 50/50 which will cover your time and a little extra. That way if one of you incurs more cost than the other your costs will still be covered.

Claire
      Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
      Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
      www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

keep greed out of it if u wana both make it

see what you are both happy with and work on that

i think u know what i mean
        sand art supplies

Comment

Yes - ill try and avoid greed !

Thanks for the replies everyone, ill see if the project gets off the ground or not!

All the best

Steve
          www.nilasbeads.co.uk

Comment

I'm sure you've thought of it already but do get it all put down in writing .... friendship can often be ruined by going into business together!
            Craftville: Free Craft Downloads
            No Membership just visit & Browse
            Craftville.com

Comment

Working...
            X