Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people feel about phone numbers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do people feel about phone numbers ?

OK,

I'm looking into a business line for a new business i'm launched in about 3 weeks..

I've been reading about 0870 and 0845 etc...

Do people like them ?

I've read about some people hating them as it cost more to phone them than a normal number.

Even the so called local rate arn't local rate now but lo-call rate.. .

hmmmm.. choices ?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Problem could be with a lot of phone packages - I get talktalk 3 international, which gives me all numbers beginning with 01 or 02 and US international free, (and broadband!) but the only numbers I pay for are 0870, 0845, and 0800!

Comment

I know some 08** numbers are more costly than others (I think) and have to admit I have no idea how much it costs to call any of them and try to avoid calling them if I can.

Personally (and this could just be the kind of person I am) I like companies that have geographical phone numbers so I can work out roughly where they are based rather than the anoymous 08 numbers who could be anywhere.
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I try to avoid having to ring them, but will do if I have to. DH won't touch them with a barge pole.
        I prefer real numbers.
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I hate them I usualy google for what they call a geograghical alternative.
          "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
          my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Real numbers win! Don't really like the 08 stuff...

Comment

I prefer real numbers, if it's an 08 number it feels like you are just going to be calling a call centre..which usually leads to annoyance, that and the charge puts people off calling. With a real number it feels like you will be calling someone who really does want to talk to you if that makes scense?
              http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Are you setting up one one of those mucky phone lines?

I agree with above comments, I prefer real numbers too!
                www.beadlab.com

Comment

I wasn't expecting that response....

Interesting..

People even dislike 0800 numbers too ??

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                  (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Yep even 0800 numbers like Peter said I have a similar package I get free 0141, 0161 all that but if a number starts 08 I get charged. Even the freephone numbers just because of the package I have so I will only ever phone an 08 number if I really really need to.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I`d never dial a 0870 no because of the ****s associated with it. I woud dial an 0845 number. My bank are an 0845 number and as I`ve had positive (as far as you can with a bank) experiences dialing 0845 numbers, I would do so again.

Prefer normal numbers with area dialing codes.

DH set up a 0800 free phone helpline number at work for clients needing techie help. Sadly, it was only one digit different to a Sainsbury`s promotional number so he received an awful lot of wrong numbers, which ofcouse he paid for!

Comment

My dad received a call asking for me to talk to me about a saving scheme Id just closed, he handed the phone, when I said hello they had hung up already.

It was an 0800 number, I googled it and it was a hoax call number associated with huge phone bills!!
                        Scary too as they actually mentioned the name of the savings company Id been dealing with.
                        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Same as Peter

I'm like most others here. get free calls & international, cheap broadband but pay for 0800 & 0845 etc. hope all this info helps.
                          My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                            My dad received a call asking for me to talk to me about a saving scheme Id just closed, he handed the phone, when I said hello they had hung up already.

It was an 0800 number, I googled it and it was a hoax call number associated with huge phone bills!!
                            Scary too as they actually mentioned the name of the savings company Id been dealing with.
                            I always google any numbers I get shown as a missed call or those annoying ones where you answer and it goes dead - 9 times out of 10 it'll show up as a a **** or similar....quite scary really.
                            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

i prefer the normal numbers as the others charge so much, the 0800 isnt that bad on a landline as it is free. hope everything goes well
                              Amy

http://craftcrazy-craftcrazy.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X