Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with offering free p + p to customers

Hi folks,

I've got a thread going at the moment for some advice whether or not it is possible to allow a discount through my Mr Site website where the customer enters a code (specified by me), at checkout.

No-one seems to know so how about another option:-

Is it possible for someone to buy through a Mr Site and then at the invoice and payment stage on Paypal contact the site owner for a revised invoice (like they do on ebay, when you can ask for a combined invoice).

All that I want to do is offer selected customers free p + p for a limited amount of time as a special offer. I don't want to offer it to everyone as it is a loyalty type thing.

Does anyone understand me? Think I'm starting to lose the plot!!!!

Claire x

i have absolutely no idea if it can be done or not, but how about sending those select customers an email and tell them to email you for a final price, before paying, so that discount/special offer can be taken off.

Comment

I've emailled paypal about this and I'm still waiting for a response. You've probably already done that yourself. It might depend on what kind paypal account you have.

Sharon
      Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
      Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
      Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

I know that you can issue both full and partial refunds through PayPal (I've just issued a partial refund myself) so, that may be one way of doing it?
        Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Originally posted by sillyoldbear View Post
          I've emailled paypal about this and I'm still waiting for a response. You've probably already done that yourself. It might depend on what kind paypal account you have.

Sharon
          Do you know Sharon, I haven't!! Being lazy I was hoping that someone on here may have already done the hard work and found out for me!!

Tbh I am supposed to be delivering some invitations to a friend this weekend and I needed the info for instructing the guests - so I didn't think that I would get a response from either Mr Site or Paypal in time. As it is no-one else knows either - so I should have probably emailed them. Never mind. I think that I will have to go down the refund of p + p after purchase.

(Don't know why I'm bothering really prob wont make any sales through the site anyway)

Thanks for your help - if you do find out give me a shout. If I find out I will post a thread coz it seems like people would like to know.

Claire x

Comment

How about offering a little free gift instead?

Comment

The idea was that if the guests couldnt come to the party they could still buy from my site for the same price as at the party - then I would deliver them to my friends house (or to theirs if they live locally) therefore incurring no specific costs.

What I was really hoping for was to generate some traffic to my site through the invitations!!!!

Nice idea though with the gift but I dont want to offer them more than those people who actually attend the party iykwim!!

Thank you - I'm still interested to know the answer if anyone knows.

Thanks all for trying.

Claire

Comment

I could be wrong here, but I think there is a way of customers putting in a discount code on Paypal, therefore you could give your special customers a code and it would deduct the p&p from the total. Don't ask me how to do it but could be worth looking into.

You could verify that it is the correct customers using the code by keeping a record of who you have given the code to and letting them use it for a limited time only.

Let us know if the discount code is a possibility.
                Last edited by colourart; 07-04-2008, 04:42 PM.
                Amanda
                xx

Comment

On a closer look, it seems you can create a Paypal gift voucher. This is just a thought but could you give these gift vouchers for the postage amount to your selected customers and then the could pay for the item using them. You can read about it here
                  Amanda
                  xx

Comment

Working...
                  X