How should I wrap my Fascinators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I wrap my Fascinators?

Hey, sorry not been on craft forum for months, I have just set up my online shop @ www.gsdesigns.tictail.com and I wonder how should I package my fascinators, I dont have boxes for them, I wondered would it be an idea to package them in a bubble wrap type parcel then wrap in brown paper. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/g.sdesignscrafts Email: [email protected]
    "A world without hats would be a very boring world indeed" Gavin Spence (me)

If I bought a fascinator, I'd expect a box. Something like this, maybe?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pack-of-12...-/281012975157

Comment

My Fascinators are handmade, they are all unique and are different sizes and shapes id need to buy individual boxes for each and researching that its working out between £2-4 a box just to package them, that would push up the prices a lot.

Comment

I agree a box is a must try The Tiny Box Company or Terry Andrews, the bag n box man for perspex boxes. I box my wedding bags and then put the white box into a postal box, wrapped in bubble wrap. When buying something that is special should be wrapped to perfection.

Comment

I have to agree with the others...I would be really disappointed with bubble wrap and brown paper. A nice presentation box is not just a means of delivering the goods, it is part of the experience of buying a beautiful item and is somewhere to store it when it is not in use. Nothing wrong with a brown wrapper or some bubble wrap but when you open it up, a box is a must ...

Comment

My friend owns a shop and sells fascinators, she has a range of boxes and uses the nearest size possible, then packs with tissue paper to keep it safe.

I agree I'd expect a box. As this is where I would keep it when not in use. plus it means it wont get squashed in transit.
            Charlie

Comment

Those who have commented with looking for a box, most fascinator boxes are perspex, would you be happy to receive it in a coloured card box say Lilac box and lid?

Comment

Originally posted by G.SDesigns View Post
                Those who have commented with looking for a box, most fascinator boxes are perspex, would you be happy to receive it in a coloured card box say Lilac box and lid?

I think that sounds lovely and if matches in with your colour branding all the better.

Comment

I recently shopped at ****** on Etsy and received not only a beautiful fascinator, but it also came in a beautiful floral box. This extra kind of touch made all the difference to how I felt when I received my piece. So you should definitely get boxes!
                  Last edited by nattynetty; 15-01-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I worry about your saying that a that a cost of £2-£4 for packaging would " push your prices up a lot", that makes me think that you are hugely undercharging for them
                    Helping UK craftspeople make a living http://handmadelives.wordpress.com relaxing reads, quizzes, mentoring, profiles

Comment

I agree with the people who think you should send your merchandise in boxes.

Fascinators are bought for special occasions and so are most probably thought of as a luxury item by those buying them.

Also, can you imagine what state they would arrive in if they had been left at the bottom of a huge mountain of heavy parcels in a sorting depot? You need to make sure they won't get crushed.

Comment

I reckon it's got to be boxes Gavin, the packaging is as important as the product especially if you want a premium for your work. Take a look at how Jo Mallone packages her stuff, quality packaging for a quality product, it's all part of the illusion.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                        X