Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

too many jiffy bags at the post office ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too many jiffy bags at the post office ?

I went to the post office yesterday with 7 orders to post ( they were all large letters all 93p )
    however he told me I couldn't post that many with proof of postage and I was supposed to have downloaded a form to fill in first for my proof of postage as they can only do 4 or 5 at the counter
    has anyone else heard of this ?? and what form does he mean ?
    www.sunrisecards.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

I would Tweet the post office (or Facebook them)....it sounds like he was just being a lazy so and so! When we did a lot of posting we used to get cards from the nice lady behind the counter - you could fill in all your postcodes etc for your proof of postage - they can then just stamp the card. However I am talking about posting 20 to 40 parcels and packages...7 doesn't seem a lot to me, I'd definitely complain
    for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

He sounds like a grumpy old so-and-so. I've never heard of that and I work part-time at our village post office, will check tomorrow to see if our post mistress has heard of it. We frequently process far more than that all with proof of postage and yes it does take a tiny bit longer but only the length of time to write a house number and postcode.

I do know one of our customers comes in with a form he's filled in and we just date stamp it so I'm guessing it's that he's talking about but he's the only one I've ever seen use it. To be honest it takes just as long as the other way as you have to check that every address listed on the sheet matches his envelopes.

Well done by the way for getting so many orders
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I've never been told this before but to be fair I've never seen this man before, I have just sent the post office a message on facebook , we'll see what they say
        www.sunrisecards.co.uk

Comment

I post about 20 parcels a day and I've never been told that. Today the post office in town ran out of recorded delivery labels and rang me to bring some with me when I came in!
          Carole x
          www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

I use this form you just download it from the royal mail website, they used to give out card to fill in but no longer do them. He does sound like a lazy post person though to moan about it

Comment

I downloaded a form from the RM website and I complete it at home and hand it over with the parcels/letters. It saves heaps of time in the post office and the staff in the teeny sub po really appreciate it....but I was surprised when they asked me where I have got it from...they wanted to direct other customers to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                He sounds like a grumpy old so-and-so. I've never heard of that and I work part-time at our village post office, will check tomorrow to see if our post mistress has heard of it. We frequently process far more than that all with proof of postage and yes it does take a tiny bit longer but only the length of time to write a house number and postcode.

I do know one of our customers comes in with a form he's filled in and we just date stamp it so I'm guessing it's that he's talking about but he's the only one I've ever seen use it. To be honest it takes just as long as the other way as you have to check that every address listed on the sheet matches his envelopes.

Well done by the way for getting so many orders
                It's called a Bulk Certificate of Posting and I always use one when I take my items to the post office, unless it's just the one item then I don't bother.

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau...rd%20MAR14.pdf

The post office clerks don't bother checking each address matches to what I've written down and just count that the number of packages matches the number on the sheet. Sometimes they're lazy about filling in the date and just stamp the form, so I usually fill in that bit for them.
                Carol
                Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
                Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

I do the bulk posting thing at Christmas but the staff at my post office don't really like it much as it means that once all the customers are gone they still have to sort out my stuff.
                  Carole x
                  www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

contacted the post office on facebook who confirmed that refusing proof of postage for more than 5 items is not standard practise and they are now looking into it for me
                    www.sunrisecards.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise View Post
                      contacted the post office on facebook who confirmed that refusing proof of postage for more than 5 items is not standard practise and they are now looking into it for me
                      I had a similar problem a few months ago. I was sending eight parcels, something I rarely do. I had written the name and address on a sheet of paper and the price I expected to pay so I could see if I had worked it out correctly. There was nobody in the post office but they said they had a policy of not giving proof for more than three items. Without a printed list. Post office complaint just sent me a fob off letter.

I use the post office for family in Australia and some Christmas cards, nothing else except incoming items. All other items go by courier or in person.

Comment

I don't like to use the post office because the level of service and rules applied will depend on who is working that day! Likely most parcels we send out are cheaper to send with myhermes, but for the few smaller items we can only hope someone sensible is working that day. We have also had problems with delivery and have gone to our local post office to send a parcel only to be told that there are also some parcels for us to take back with us that have been sitting in the shop for 2-3 days.But I am sure it is just our local post office because most people I talk to seem to be happy to send by royal mail.

Anyway I hope you have better luck with them in the future.

Comment

Our Post Office has recently had self-service machines installed and it's such a relief not to have to do daily battle with the counter staff any more! And proof of postage and receipts don't have to be argued over.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercraft View Post
                            Our Post Office has recently had self-service machines installed and it's such a relief not to have to do daily battle with the counter staff any more! And proof of postage and receipts don't have to be argued over.
                            Blimey your post office sounds awful. We never argue over proofs of postage or receipts, and only the other week I gave a lady some scissors and tape so she could cut a bit of cardboard off her box to get it under 1kg - saving her nearly 3 quid
                            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Actually the members of staff who are on hand to help with the self-service machines are so much friendlier now - I think serving behind glass causes friction and is dehumanising.

Comment

Working...
                              X