No announcement yet.

Royal Mail considering changing the small parcel size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The girl in my local post office told me a customer was sending an electric carving knife as a gift. She listed it as "electrical equipment" and took it for posting. the customer was later notified that the parcel had been destroyed in line with their T&C's because it was an "offensive weapon". ........do they have electrical sockets in dark alleys?

Comment

Nattynetty, your loyalty to RM and your suboffice commends you, but the fact is that Royal Mail, the post office, parcel force et all are a mess and appear to be doing everything they can to annoy and alienate and drive away customers, while at the same time giving the impression they think they are doing us a huge favour by existing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearlescence View Post
        Nattynetty, your loyalty to RM and your suboffice commends you
        Thank you. Not sure how loyal I am though considering I send most of my parcels by courier and when working there I do my best to make sure customers pay as little as possible.
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Interesting discussion - we use a Royal Mail franking machine for all our parcels up to 1.5kg - we don't have to declare what is in the package - though when we signed up for it we may have signed that we wouldn't send restricted items?

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
            The girl in my local post office told me a customer was sending an electric carving knife as a gift. She listed it as "electrical equipment" and took it for posting. the customer was later notified that the parcel had been destroyed in line with their T&C's because it was an "offensive weapon". ........do they have electrical sockets in dark alleys?
            I would have gone bonkers if they had done that to me! I would have parked over a p.o delivery gateway until I received an apology and refund. It just shows they don't have a clue. Why accept something the 'can't' handle? I would also have asked to see the duty of care, site licence etc of the site used to destroy the item to check it had been done legally. I bet it hadn't. I would likley get the press involved too.

An electric carving knife isn't defined as a weapon in their current leaflet - have a look.

Comment

Indeed Craftychez - I can think of all sorts of legal repercussions (civil and criminal) which would fall on them if they did that to me.
              I stopped using royal mail and the post office when they lost two special delivery packages within a fortnight then treated me like a suspected criminal when I claimed the promised and paid for insurance compensation (which, by the way is not the retail value of the goods you risk with them, but the wholesale value of goods only, nothing for any work done, value added, profit etc etc -In the end I sent copies of chinese invoices in chinese, plus a demand for an air fare to Hong Kong so I could replace the insured goods, such cost being a consequental loss) They finally paid retail when I threatened small claims and pointed out that I had taught law for many years in various university law schools.
              How to lose £1000s of business for the sake of maybe £100.

Comment

Working...
              X