Courier company that doesn't handle with care exposé

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courier company that doesn't handle with care exposé

I saw this on the Daily Mail website http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-parcels.html

Awful conduct. It's the only negative of online shopping, shipping costs and dealing with courier services. UK Mail should deal with this sharpish.

Shipping is the weak link in any remote selling. Royal Mail is just as bad. They lost two special deliveries in a fortnight - never use them again as they made me feel as if I was not only at fault but out to defraud them, inspite of having increased the insurance cover on the two packages. Clever business model, save a few £ and lose thousands in business!
    There is no truely great shipping company. They all have massive flaws and weaknesses at the moment. Privatisation of Royal Mail will be interesting to watch.
    The Dispatches programme is a bit sniffy to get excited about mail being left open to the world on postmen's bikes in the private delivery in London - Royal mail postmen have been leaving their bikes for many years (includig bundles with clearly marked SDs)

Comment

Originally posted by Pearlescence View Post
      Shipping is the weak link in any remote selling. Royal Mail is just as bad. They lost two special deliveries in a fortnight - never use them again as they made me feel as if I was not only at fault but out to defraud them, inspite of having increased the insurance cover on the two packages. Clever business model, save a few £ and lose thousands in business!
      There is no truely great shipping company. They all have massive flaws and weaknesses at the moment. Privatisation of Royal Mail will be interesting to watch.
      The Dispatches programme is a bit sniffy to get excited about mail being left open to the world on postmen's bikes in the private delivery in London - Royal mail postmen have been leaving their bikes for many years (includig bundles with clearly marked SDs)
      True Royal Mail are terrible sometimes. I've had two Asos items lost by them before but I'd say that they have a fairly decent record with regards to post getting where it needs to go. Parcels will get lost but it's unacceptable for workers to throw them about or hope they can sell things on through ebay. As I said the shipping side of Internet shopping is the biggest downside for me.

Comment

There is a programme about this on tv tonight, Channel 4 Dispatches called Secrets of Your Missing Mail with shoppers increasingly relying on companies to deliver online purchases, Dispatches goes undercover to find out why couriers sometimes fail to deliver. Is this related to a previous show about RM? Its sure to be depressing either way...

Comment

It's appalling that these animals are allowed to have a job. They cause stress, cost and misery to people who have paid good money for a service - and a service isn't what they are getting.

These ignorant beasts should be sacked forthwith. An old-fashioned respect needs to be a top priority.

This isn't about whether we should wrap things properly, but about them not taking due care with the goods in their care. Heathens, peasants....... and joy destroyers.

Comment

My son is a postie, and he's told me in the past how appalled he is at how some other workers treat parcels. He's always advised me to use loads of bubble wrap and NEVER to mark a parcel as Fragile! If you do, it's targeted by these idiots. Also, he's recommended to pay the extra for Special Delivery if I can, because then the parcel is kept in a secure cage with a manager making posties sign for the packages they are given to deliver. So if it goes missing after that, they know who lost or stole it.

Having said all this, due to the recent price increases, I mostly use couriers now!
            Daesul

http://www.clairemanwani.com
            http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
            http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

Comment

I'm still sticking with RM where I can, my parcels now come wrapped with extra cellotape to keep them in size. I've had to change the packaging so that they can mostly fit through large letter sizes. Anything over small parcel goes via MyHermes and I pray that it arrives safely. Saying that though, I'm getting my parcels arriving next day even if I catch the last post, so I can't fault RM in Wales for that. I also love that the last post here is 6:30pm just outside my door, or 7:30pm if I drive it down the road.
              Kerri
              Fabridashery - Fabric, haberdashery and craft supplies
              www.fabridashery.co.uk
              fabridashery.uk@gmail.com

Comment

Interlink are another one, they smashed my parcel up, will never use them again

Comment

You should check out the way the mail room on base here takes care of mail. they all stand in line about 10 ft apart, and then throw the boxes to each other. Rule of thumb is that if its less than 40lb, its light enough to throw. I've seen them drop more boxes than i care to count. What really sucks is that all the guys fresh out of boot camp have their expensive things such as computers arrive through this mail room. Gotta love the military haha
                  ​Go Navy

Comment

Would have to admit I have a business account with RM and they have been fantastic from start to finish! My Hermes are the worst courier ever and have had clients refuse to order if I used them cause they are so awful!! Out of 500 parcels I have sent in past 7 months with RM I have only had one lost and one other broken- I sent 12 in one week with me Hermes and 4 arrived shattered. One of the couriers had thrown the box (clearly marked fragile) over a 6ft gate!

C

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X