Wire Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire Working

Is anybody aware of any classes in the South East that are not too expensive, I have found one fairly close to me but unfortunately the cost is too high for me at the moment. I have looked at a few on line tutorials which look OK but would prefer to interact on a personal level and be able to ask questions.

I am sure that some of you out there will be able to help.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi Linda, not sure whereabouts in Kent you are, or what you consider to be too expensive. Hotcourses is very useful and I found this on a quick search. Also, I don't know if you have any bead shops near you, but they often run workshops so it might be worth enquiring. HTH.
    Elinor
    x

My Misi page
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for that, I am in Edenbridge which is very close to Sevenoaks and on the borders of Surrey and Sussex so I could try those areas too. The Wire Wrapping Course that I was looking at was about a hundred and fifty pounds plus for a day course (included lunch) but a cup a soup will do!!!!, I know that it's not too expensive when you consider someone has trained to do this and supplied all the matierals but I am just not in a position to pay that much.

I will look into it a bit deeper but the one you have suggested looks a bit more affordable.

Will find out the course criteria.

Thanks again.

Keep those suggestions coming.

Linda

Comment

If you find something Linda, please let me know I would love to learn wire wrapping!
        I have books, watched tutorials etc but to be a bit more creative I would also like to interact with a teacher!
        The ones I found in Greenwich etc do wire wrapping as part of silver smithing which is an area I don't want to go into - although am v keen to learn pmc!
        Terry xxx
        You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
        Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Originally posted by Aviya Glass View Post
          If you find something Linda, please let me know I would love to learn wire wrapping!
          I have books, watched tutorials etc but to be a bit more creative I would also like to interact with a teacher!
          The ones I found in Greenwich etc do wire wrapping as part of silver smithing which is an area I don't want to go into - although am v keen to learn pmc!
          Hi Terry,

Where abouts in Kent are you from??

I have found a course in Beckenham in Kent they are sending me through some details, will let you know when it comes what it is like and what is involved.

I am so eager to get going on some bits, I have practiced a bit of wire wrapping and made a few Christmas pressies using wire but would like to learn properly.

Linda

Comment

I am in Bexley, but have car will travel. Beckenham is not too far away.
            Terry xxx
            You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
            Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

There is a fantastic workshop but it is in the States (bit too far to travel). Will keep in touch and let you know when the info. arrives and if I come across anything else. Meantime any more suggestions from other crafters greatly welcomed.

Linda

Comment

I find this site really helpful. http://www.wigjig.com/jewelry-making-skills.htm
                "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

The Preston Router / wire worker, site in usa has some good free vids on it, some quite good tips if you watch closely. Dont know the link but I bet Goldy1 can find it

Comment

Yawn that was too easy . Good site though. http://wire-sculpture.com/store/page...On_Demand.html

Comment

Can't believe you fell for that Gill!
                      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

i was being facetious.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                          Hi Linda, not sure whereabouts in Kent you are, or what you consider to be too expensive. Hotcourses is very useful and I found this on a quick search. Also, I don't know if you have any bead shops near you, but they often run workshops so it might be worth enquiring. HTH.
                          Thanks for that, I have had a look in more detail tonight, I am going to give them a ring tomorrow as there are a number of course which may be suitable and reasonably priced as well.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
                            Yawn that was too easy . Good site though. http://wire-sculpture.com/store/page...On_Demand.html
                            Thanks for this link, some nice pieces here, will watch these at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                              I have just had a couple of course details sent through to me from Kent Adult Education, they are really reasonable one is £22 from 10-6 and the other is £23 on a sat from 10-6.

Thank you so much for this link would recommend that others who are interested in classes give it a go.

Linda

Comment

Working...
                              X