Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curtain making (History Weaving and Fabric)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtain making (History Weaving and Fabric)

I thought it might be fun to look at the origins of curtain making and weaving and take a look at the types of fabric we may be asked to use and their origins.

This first chapter extracted from my lesson notes is in PDF format. It is a compilation of images and descriptions of events in history, the weaving trade and a variety of world fabrics brought together to provide my students with a basic background understanding of curtain making and fabrics through the ages.

if you click on the picture below the PDF file will automatically open in a separate window or tab on your computer. This is a large file so give it a minute or so to download. If you have problems then there are other methods described below the picture.

I make no claim to copyright for this chapter of my course notes but instead offer my thanks to Wikipedia and all the other internet contributors who have enabled me to compile this offering.

.................................................. ...............................

This method of posting is a bit of an experiment for me and if any of you wish to view the document but for some reason can't then let me know and I will gladly email the document to you.

I am limited to 200mb a day downloads on my share account so if you receive an oversubscribed notice then you will either need to wait until tomorrow or PM me and I will email the document to you.

If you are experiencing any difficulty downloading the PDF then right click on the picture and click to "open link in a new window or tab" or you can click to "save link as", This will save the PDF to any directory or file you chose on your computer.

............................Clive
    Last edited by Classical Genesis; 09-09-2010, 05:32 PM.
    Learning together for profit or pleasure
    I could be unhappy with my life but someone keeps sending me spring

Blog https://classicalgenesis.wordpress.com

I wasn't able to access it Clive, I got a blank page. I wonder why. My pooter is fairly up-to-date but don't understand technical jargon. I will pm you with my e mail as I would love to read up on it. Thanks for the opportunity.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

The document is over 1mb Carol and may take a little time to download. I have tried the link on three computers and it seems to work on them. I have emailed you the document so you should have it soon but here is the un-embedded link for you to try if the picture doesn't want to play.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2223...m-1-1-meg?da=y

...............Clive
      Learning together for profit or pleasure
      I could be unhappy with my life but someone keeps sending me spring

Blog https://classicalgenesis.wordpress.com

Comment

Thankyou Clive. I will give it a go.
        Carol

Comment

Worked fine for me. Glad it's sorted, looks to be a useful resource...for those that do curtains.

Pete
          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
          Facebook

Website

Comment

I opened it fine too. I want to move to the UK and have houses (with curtains) like those...

miya
            Jellyfish Jelly Blog
            Crafty Ideas for un-Crafty Parents

Comment

Originally posted by jellyfishjelly View Post
              I opened it fine too. I want to move to the UK and have houses (with curtains) like those...

miya
              Curtains certainly make a room feel cosy but I didn't realise that Australians didn't have them at all. I suppose you all have blinds.
              Carol

Comment

Working...
              X