? price for community centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? price for community centre

can anyone tell me a rough price of hiring a community centre i have rang round a few but no reply and as i have a meting tomorrow i would like to give them a rough idea of costing and do i need my own insurance
    racheal
    Racheal
    www.soapsudsandsalts.co.uk

depends upon tha hall. In our village there are three halls.
    playgroup hall. basic kitchen and loos large wooden floored hall no parking costs £6.50 per hour.
    WI hall long wooden floored room, basic kitchen and loos's no parking £6.00 per hour
    Church hall. modern carpeted heated building with catering standard kitchen, loos, disabled access and car park £10 per hour.

Yes you would need your own insurance to host a craft fair etc, but to have the halls for a provate party function the insurance of the hall would cover you.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thanks Its Not Rally A Craft Fair Its Getting Kids Together And Getting Them Doing A Few Different Crafts Looking At Adults As Well
      Racheal

Comment

In that case you'd need to ask the hall caretaker whether you'd be covered. I think that it would basically come down to whether you were charging for the event ie. business event.
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

thanks but yes looking at charging them would have to for the materials and time
          Racheal
          Racheal

Comment

Cost me £40 to hire hall for a birthday party but I was told it varies depending on why you want it.
            flickr
            blog
            my website
            etsy

Comment

Depends where it is. When I lived in a small Shropshire village it was £30 but cheaper for residents of the village but expect to pay more in bigger towns I guess. However much they can get away with I suspect - how cynical of me!!
              www.littlebead.blogspot.com
              www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Not sure about the charges for doing what you're doing, but our village community centre charges £15 to hire the hall for a kids birthday party and you get in for the whole of the day unless its been booked for something else which is very rare. We are "up North" though and I suspect that prices will vary greatly depending on where abouts you are.
                Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

hi thanks got a reply of one person its £11.40 per hour for one room £25.30 for other one
                  Racheal
                  Racheal

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                    Not sure about the charges for doing what you're doing, but our village community centre charges £15 to hire the hall for a kids birthday party and you get in for the whole of the day unless its been booked for something else which is very rare. We are "up North" though and I suspect that prices will vary greatly depending on where abouts you are.
                    Which hall is it Annette?
                    You could try checking out the Quakers Society if you havee one in your area their rates tend to be very reasonable too
                    Chris xx
                    My Website
                    My Blog

Comment

Its the community centre in Worsbrough - next to/behind Netto.

Not sure if thats still the price but a friend had her son's birthday party there just over 12 months ago and thats what she paid.
                      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

hi

I work at a community centre and the costs depend on who is hiring and for what.

Make sure you say you are a not-for-profit-organisation if you plan to make no money from it. Also maybe your local Arts Department at the council may help with some funding??

Laura
                        http://lilacstarcrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Halls around my area range from about £6 to £15.

I don't think you do have to necessarily have your own insurance. The hall I've hired for my craft fair told me their insurance covers any accidents through loose flooring, electrics, etc (to do with the building) and crafters are liable for their own Public liability insurance, to cover them if someone hurts themselves on part of their stand falling etc.

Obviously if you are using the hall for a workshop kind of thing, then you probably would need your own insurance to cover you for people using your tools/equipment which they could hurt themselves on (ie electric heating gun, glue gun, scissors, pliers etc)
                          Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Hi there,

I am not sure on the hall hiring but you would definiately need insurance as you have customers / members of the public coming to see you and your work and so if anything happened like an accident they could make a claim and if you arent insured then you'd have to pay out of your own pocket, you need Public Liability insurance

Hope that helps :-)

Diana
                            Commercial Risks - Insurance
                            Liability insurance, company insurance, group insurance

Comment

You can get community centres around Liverpool for free, depending on what you are doing...

Comment

Working...
                              X