Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free one day course ~ Introduction to Roman Blinds

This post also appears in
    Craft Forum Member Offers and is a limited offer only to members of the craft forum. Initial registration will only be accepted by private mail to prove you are a registered member.

Course Title: An introduction to making roman blinds

Course Venue: Classical Genesis training room Stapeley Manor Farm Odiham Hampshire.

Course Dates: Sat 28th November 2009

Course fees: Free to members of the craft forum

I am Clive Pennington and a run a small training centre teaching hand crafted curtains, blinds and soft furnishings in Odiham, Hampshire.

My workroom is not huge hence I can not normally teach full time courses for more than 2 people and the sizes of samples made here preclude more than two people working on the bench at any one time. However, from time to time I run introductory days for various elements of curtain and blind making. This involves teaching the theoretical elements of design and calculation and demonstrating technique by making samples on the bench with some participation by those attending. On these introduction days I can teach up to 6 attendees.

I am planning to run a one day introduction to roman blinds on Saturday the 28th November. The course will start at 9am and will conclude at 4.30 to 5pm.

This course module would suit people at all skill levels including other teachers as it spans the whole process of roman blind making and intruduces methods of calculating folds which are unique and the finished product is taught to the highest standards.

I would normally charge a £75.00 course attendance fee but as a one off I would be pleased to offer this one day course completely FREE to members of The Craft Forum and the first 6 members to apply to me by private mail will be included. The course will include notes to use as an aid memoir and attendees will be free to take photo's of the various elements of the construction if they wish to do so. I will try to pack as much into the day as possible. This offer is a thank you for the wonderful welcome I have received from this outstanding forum. If it is a success for members then we could do more of them and they will always be always free to members.

The course will include refershments in the form of tea and coffee, biscuits and cakes but you will be required to provide your own packed lunch.

As there are no course fees involved Some of you may feel that they can travel from a little further afield and splash out on overnight accommodation for Friday and if this is so you will find recommended accommodation on my website along with instructions on how to get to Stapley Manor Farm

The content of this course will include:-

Basic materials technology, types of interlining, types of lining that can be used in blind making.

Types of lifting mechanism including corded fittings and rotary fittings.

Planning and designing your roman blind

Calculating the folds for plain roman blinds, cascading roman blinds and using repetitive patterns in cascading roman blinds

Transferring your calculations to the bench

Setting out a roman blind on the bench

How to use your sewing machine to best effect when sewing rod pockets and freehand machining of loop tape to the lining

Bringing together the fabric elements of the blind including making the top of the blind and all the necessary elements of stitching.

Hanging the blind on the sewing frame and applying the stab stitches.

Fixing the hanging mechanism and hanging the blind at the window.

I look forward to receiving your course bookings and please will you be kind enough to include your email addresses in your PMs as I will need you to complete a course registration form on line prior to attending
    Last edited by Classical Genesis; 30-10-2009, 02:10 PM.
    Learning together for profit or pleasure
    I could be unhappy with my life but someone keeps sending me spring

Blog https://classicalgenesis.wordpress.com

Working...
X