It's arrived...my very own website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's arrived...my very own website!

And now I need you comments!!! I have been working on this all weekend. I have used some of my original photos but also re-took some. Can anyone offer any advice on what looks best - just having a full photo of each mirror or having other items in the picture? Can you still see enough of the item this way?

I have used Mr Site to create the site. Again, comments are welcomed. Good, not so good, suggestions!

Look forward to reading them, you expert lot of fellow craftees!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Wow Katianne, your site looks fab!

I like the way you have a mixture of pictures, some that are just the mirror and some that have objects with it. I think I like the picture for the
    'Round Mosaic Mirror Purple and White' best coz its got a nice zoomed in image of the mirror, and some pretty flowers and stuff. But I think the clocks look best when its just a picture of the clock.

Your prices seem very reasonable, every thing just looks great!

Caz
    x

Comment

I personally don't like the watermark on the photos .... I know why you've done it ..... I just find it a bit distracting.

Can you watermark any other way?
      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

It only gave me one option for the watermark - I can take it off though if you think it's better without? I wasn't sure either. Thanks for the comments!!!
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Ballerinacaz View Post
          Your prices seem very reasonable, every thing just looks great!
          Thanks!!! Are my prices too cheap or just right? I find it hard to price. I seem to sell well online and wonder if I could charge more, but when selling at craft fairs have seen a few people put off by price. My prices at the moment mean I make a small profit, which just about covers my time.
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Website

Katianne I love your products but would suggest that you try to show them off better, the watermark does make it difficult to view them. I buy wholesale
            goods online for my shop and tend to return to the sites that have clear views of what they sell. I believe that the more striking and clear your images are the more likely you are to get a sale.
            As for pricing this is the area I find the hardest, perhaps you could experiment with this area a little pushing the boundaries with one or two products. I tried this in my shop and found that if an item grabs someone they will pay a fair price for it.
            Chris W.
            x
            Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Thanks Chris!!! I have tried to remove the watermark but it won't go!!! Think I might have to load the images on again, so that'll be my job for this evening!!!

Apart from the watermarks, do people find it easy to follow and use?
              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Chris W View Post
                Katianne I love your products but would suggest that you try to show them off better, the watermark does make it difficult to view them.
                Sorry, forgot to ask, is it just the watermark that makes them hard to view or are the photographs not showing them well too?
                Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Hi katianne,

your webite looks great, I love your products too, so nicely done!

i saw a couple of things (spelling mistakes)

1) on the home page, prodominantly is spelt with an 'e'

2)round mirrors, irredescent is spelt iridescent

although, this wouldnt stop me personally buying from you!

but I do like your site, easy to navigate round and again nice products!

s.x

Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Mirrors

Hi Katianne,
                    It might help you evolve your own style if you do a bit of research, why not try google image search for mirrors, see what approach you think works best? I like your colour schemes, a white background would show these off more. I think the drapery is a bit distracting and not what you would normally associate with a mirror. If it was me I would perhaps put a shapely glass vase and a single flower. However if you don't want to bother with photoshop you could experiment with a grey background which would help your camera to expose more correctly. It doesn't matter what I think though, if you feel comfortable with your own style you will enjoy the process better and it will show in the results.
                    Chris W.
                    x
                    Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Hi Katian,

Your site looks great, it's well laid out easy to navigate.

I agree with the comments on the watermarking, I find it very distracting. I think the style of your photos is great, I like the ones that have the same coloured tiles round about the mirrors, but I do think some of your pictures are a bit dark and don't show the colours as well as some of your others do.

Carol
                      Sparklez.co.uk
                      Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Thanks all - I am in the middle of re-taking a lot of the photos, as some of them are too dark and I agree don't show the colours very well. The ones which are taken at more of a distance are the ones I took today but I'm still not sure about them. I use a lightbox now and this seems to work well on sunny days (I used this when I took my rainbow mirror picture, which I personally really like). I think I need to buy a daylight bulb, as I've heard this gives off a better light.

I'm pleased with the coaster photos - I like the fact I can show their use in the photos. I struggle with the mirrors though I must say!!!
                        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Nice products! Nice site

i have to agree about the watermark on the pots, very distracting!

I would like to know the sizes!

And why do the large round have drop down box option ofering 38cm square or 55x28 rectangle??
                          Not sure why either you have a blank box marked colour, when you are dispalying specific colours!

OOps.......... just spotted the sizes , on each page at the top, but missed it at first, cos one tends to scroll down to look at products.

Postage is clearly shown for each item but , i would suggest you add a T& C section, and also explain how carefully you package each item , and what postage system used. Do you only sell within UK? If so needs to be shown, if not then also needs to be shown.

Sorry if this all sounds negative, I don't mean it to be that way, just trying to be helpful!

Comment

Hi katianne,

i like the site fresh and clean and shows your product well.

Just a couple of things (I'm going to be honest here)

Alot of people have commented on the watermarks, I don't like these either, they are very distracting.

You mention candle holders but I can't find them anywhere, maybe its just me not finding them, but it would be frustrating if you can't find them or they're not there.

Finally and this is maybe personal taste but I don't like the mugs you have used to photo the coasters, they are quite child like and your product to me is grown up. I think its a good idea to use a mug but perhaps a more disctrect one, after all the coasters are for sale. They are the stars of the show!!

That all said its a great site, good luck I'm sure you'll do well as you have a great product. Hope you don't mind my honesty.
                            Amanda
                            xx

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice and being so honest, that's excatly what I need so please don't worry about saying if there's something you don't like.

I am working one the website tonight so wil make a lot of the changes you've suggested, once again thanks.

Re the coaster photos: I haven't got any other mugs (very limited collection!!!) but will have a look out for some others tomorrow, so once I've got them wil re-take the photos.

Keep the comments coming!!!
                              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X