Would appreciate your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greannancrafts
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • Oct 2008

Would appreciate your thoughts

on my new site

It is still work in progress, with much to be done

Thank you

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties
  • Critchley
    Super Moderator
    Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
    • Jun 2008

I know nothing about that sort of thing except whether I like it or don't. I like it. A pleasant experience. Nice and easy on the eye
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

• mizgeorge
      Mega Crafter
      • Jun 2007

It's looking good. On a visual note, can I just mention that there's so much gubbins running down the right hand side that it's forcing a long page length even when there's not much in the body of the page, which means scrolling down unnecessarily. Perhaps some could move down to the rather bare bottom bar to help this?
      george
      www.mizgeorge.co.uk
      www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
      www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

• eena
        Super crafter
        • Jan 2012

Nice site.

I will be picky here.

Some of the script is overlapping some of the images in a way which leads to lack of clarity. Eg where it reads 'free postage' on the right-hand side, the 'p' is on the (changing) image so sometimes not visible. Some of the other script overlays, in parts, other bits of images which are the same, or very similar, or darker, tone as the script thus a letter or two is invisible.

As well as looking 'unfinished' this is also indicative of a slide towards a general lack of awareness of visual accessibility - eg 'UK mainland delivery £3.50 ' in green script superimposed on a green map of the UK.

The population of the UK is aging; the 'grey pound' enables many of us to live well, and most of us have at least some disposable income along with our deteriorating eyesight ...

Have you checked out the accessibility of the site for those with visual and other impairments? The RNIB has a lot of information on this.

Comment

• greannancrafts
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by eena View Post
          Nice site.

I will be picky here.

Some of the script is overlapping some of the images in a way which leads to lack of clarity. Eg where it reads 'free postage' on the right-hand side, the 'p' is on the (changing) image so sometimes not visible. Some of the other script overlays, in parts, other bits of images which are the same, or very similar, or darker, tone as the script thus a letter or two is invisible.

As well as looking 'unfinished' this is also indicative of a slide towards a general lack of awareness of visual accessibility - eg 'UK mainland delivery £3.50 ' in green script superimposed on a green map of the UK.

The population of the UK is aging; the 'grey pound' enables many of us to live well, and most of us have at least some disposable income along with our deteriorating eyesight ...

Have you checked out the accessibility of the site for those with visual and other impairments? The RNIB has a lot of information on this.
          Thanks Eena - can you let me now which browser you are using and what device? As the points you mention are not apparent on our devices or browsers.

Many thanks

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

• eena
            Super crafter
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
            Thanks Eena - can you let me now which browser you are using and what device? As the points you mention are not apparent on our devices or browsers.

Many thanks

Jane
            Chrome on Windows 7 laptop. Are you saying that the note about £3.50 delivery is not in green text superimposed on a green image? What colours have you actually done it with?

Comment

• greannancrafts
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by eena View Post
              Chrome on Windows 7 laptop. Are you saying that the note about £3.50 delivery is not in green text superimposed on a green image? What colours have you actually done it with?
              I am only asking so I can forward your comments to our "web"man - thanks
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

• Caroleecrafts
                • May 2008

I have always loved your sites Jane both the old and the new along with your products, superb. Do not have a problem with any wording or viewing and use Safari

Comment

• nattynetty
                  Super Moderator
                  Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
                  • Jun 2005

OK being picky as I'm sure you'll want a nice list for your web man to get stuck into. I use Chrome and on the homepage a couple of the new product images have the text over them near the bottom making it a bit difficult to read. Also the "FREE POSTAGE on first order..." bit on the top right is a bit misleading due to the gap - I can see people not reading it properly and abandoning their cart when shipping is added instead of actually signing up to the newsletter to get the code. And finally I've only clicked on a couple of images to view the enlarged version but both came up with identical sized pictures and not a bigger one.
                  Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Working...
                  X