X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link exchange. Anyone interested?

Hello again
    If you are reading this thread you probably have a website and you are wondering how to popularize it. Of course if you have the resources you can always pay for a SEO program ( there are thousands of them). One of the most important things for making your website popular is having a lot of links to it, this is also something that most of these SEO programs are offering . Of course there are so many free link,banner exchanging websites but it is not worth to register with them. I've been trying with no success
    The easier and cheaper way is to find lovely fellow crafters who want to exchange links amongst each other.
    And that is the main reason for me to open this thread. Please forgive me if i am not posting it at the right place and move it or delete it.

I was thinking what is gonna be the easiest way to do it. But may be if you write a little comment how you find the idea and then link to you website. I will place your link on my website straight away and will expect you to do the same And so on and so on until we make a little craft network

Thank you. And good luck to everyone.

www.evie-babyboutique.co.uk
    Last edited by evie-babyboutique; 12-05-2013, 06:13 PM.
    www.thetutufairy.co.uk
    Lovely hair clips and headbands for your little ones
    See my products

My ETSY shop
    My EBAY

Ill give you a dofollow link at Spotted online page that also shows up in my blogroll on the english version of my main page. No backlink needed
    My blog in Finnish, My youtube channel

Comment

Wonderful. thank you . If i can do anything for you please let me know
      www.thetutufairy.co.uk
      See my products

My ETSY shop
      My EBAY

Comment

I was expecting this thread to become quite popular, cause i am sure there are so many of us who want to popularize our shops, websites, etc. But it seems like not many people are interested. Do you have any other idea how we can help each other and popularize our businesses? Cause i think this is a quite good idea but may be you have a different opinion, please share it with me...
        Thank you and hope to hear from all of you soon.
        www.thetutufairy.co.uk
        See my products

My ETSY shop
        My EBAY

Comment

Hi Evie,
          I think a lot of people stopped doing the reciprocal link thing quite some time ago - Google got wise to it years back, and in some cases will penalise for it. You need to have good, organic links, which can be done in circles or from other sources (forums are actually pretty good for this, particularly if they're unrelated).

Bear in mind also that many crafters are reluctant to link to competitors - which is pretty understandable!

If you are so inclined, I think blog links can be useful, as can all the obvious social media things. I'm afraid I do none of these because I can't be bothered
          george
          www.mizgeorge.co.uk
          www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
          www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Link exchange still works as long as you dont overdo it, especially you shouldnt have to many links displaying on your front page simultaniously. Blog commenting is also good but thanks to spambots most blogs these days only allow nofollow links. Nofollow links can bring you a little bit of direct traffic but they do not improve your search engine ranking. I wrote a bit more about this last year on my site (link).
            Atm i have 4 sites where im trying some different strategies and the site that has the highest pagerank only has a few good backlinks (3 to be specific) on sites that share the same subjects, while the second site has hundreds of 1 way links on high page rank sites with different subjects. This site hasnt got past pagerank 1 in 4 years. On by craft project site i kindof mixed together several strategies and got it up to pr3 fairly fast.

I also manage several sites where i do free tech support and system admin work in exchange for 1 way links that boost my sites. In average i spend around 20 hours per week focusing on seo and traffic although its just a non profit hobby for me. If i had a business i think i would focus less on seo and more on paid advertising, after all if your selling something the only thing that matters is getting the people who are interested in buying craft products to your site.
            My blog in Finnish, My youtube channel

Comment

Ah I was thinking the same, haven't had much response here with link exchange.
              https://www.terrariumcrafts.com
              Free, easy, DIY craft video tutorials weekly for kids, teens and adults!
              https://www.facebook.com/terrariumcrafts/
              https://www.instagram.com/terrariumandcrafts/?hl=en
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHu...TyW22oEBTHM2VQ
              Please follow, like and subscribe!

Comment

I think it is a very good idea. Especially if you have two websites so you can avoid reciprocal links. It could be done this way: website1 --> website2 ----> website3 so no reciprocal links really.
                However page authorities must be matching in some way. [MOD EDIT]

Last edited by 3dDave; 10-04-2019, 09:58 AM.
                https://www.houseofsilver.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by House of Silver View Post
                  I think it is a very good idea. Especially if you have two websites so you can avoid reciprocal links. It could be done this way: website1 --> website2 ----> website3 so no reciprocal links really.
                  However page authorities must be matching in some way. [MOD EDIT]

Hi, I’ve taken out your links, please read our forum rules section regarding this..

“5. No posting URL’s until you have 25 posts. This includes URL’s in disguise eg. Dot co dot uk. The 25 post rule also applys to being able to ask for a website review, link exchanges or for Facebook 'likes' etc. or to direct people to other sites you can be found on..”

Many thanks.
                  Dave, moderator.

Comment

Working...
                  X