This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website

I have a new wedding site but am not selling, l know its not the season but l am just a bit concerned, virtually everythings bespoke.
    Please let me know what you think (link on my profile)

Wendy xx
    Wendy xx

www.wendysaffordableweddings.org.uk

Can now see my link from my sig, have been enjoying myself posting like mad lol
    Wendy xx

Comment

can people tell me what they think as my friend are now saying because my prices are reasonable people could be put off buying !!!
      Wendy xx

Comment

Without looking at your site, and having only been married twice, therefore not an expert (!)...................do you think the name is attractive? Who wants to admit to an 'affordable' (synonym for 'cheap') wedding? If you had something like 'Wendy's Weddings - Where the Bride is Queen' maybe that would give the impression that you were more 'affordable'. Just a thought.

Comment

Yes I agree there, I think name could be wrong... need to be affordable but in a concealed way. The buyer will make their mind up what is afffordable... Will try and think of a better title.

Comment

So you have given me you opinion on my website by the name mmm helpful l must say, as people say "Dont judge a book by its cover !"
            Well for you saying about the name l have had 10 people say "it says what it means and no it doesnt shout CHEAP or look it !!" but everyone has their own opinions and l am glad we dont all think the same as it would be a boring old world tbh
            It would be interesting if you can think of an alternative, i took the name from my ebay shop at the time that was selling well.
            Ah well onwards and upwards
            Last edited by craftymate; 21-11-2007, 12:35 AM.
            Wendy xx

Comment

It's late at night so apologies if I don't make much sense with my opinions on your site. Firstly I think your designs are really nice, however I don't think your website shows them off as well as it could. I always find it easier to get an idea of the design and how it looks on invites, save the date, favor boxes etc if they are all together in one section - at the moment you need to click on different sections to view these.

I also found it very confusing as to what design I'd actually be buying sometimes, for example under Invites you have the Love & Devotion cards with an add to cart button. The picture shows 3 different designs plus a favor box and I have no idea which design I'd be buying and which one relates to the favor box.

I hope you don't think these are criticisms but you did ask for an opinion based on your actual site and I looked at it through the eyes of a potential customer.

Originally posted by craftymate View Post
              So you have given me you opinion on my website by the name mmm helpful l must say, as people say "Dont judge a book by its cover !"
              Personally I would say this is a VERY helpful comment as people DO make judgements based on the 'cover' - if a list of wedding stationary websites appear on google or a directory you have to make a decision whether to click on it or not.
              Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Thanks very much for your comments that was the sort of thing l was looking for.

l am trying to do it as a bespoke service and the pics to give people ideas as most of the work l have done for clients people have changed a bit of the design to suit them eg added bows wanted 2 roses that sorta thing even taken away part of the stamping.

l will think about how l can make it clearer, the trouble is when you work with things you dont see what others see, what you think looks great others dont and thats fine.

Back to the drawing board.
                Wendy xx

Comment

If you have the 'positive' opinion of ten people - why ask us for opinions that you don't want? If you get an opinion - good or bad - and come out with a negative 'helpful I must say' comment...................don't bother asking again. I was trying to keep it light, yes, I looked at your website, but I thought the name was the first thing to be addressed. Some of us try to help - don't throw it back at us.

Comment

The name thing is very ebay... The ebay audience is cheap and not bespoke..

imho replacing affordable with "bespoke" / "handmade" would be better...

Site look fine ... Best thing to test a site is show it to someone and ask them to try and buy a item... Don't help them and watch how this person trys to buy something..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I do value everyones opinion, l asked opinions elsewhere after it was said here about the name. l do appreciate it can be seen as another word for cheap.

Someone has bought something and checkout was ok.

The trouble is it will not be easy to change the name, the site is a young so l will see how things go.

many thanks again
                      Wendy xx

Comment

Just thought l would ask for some feedback cause although l havent changed name l have rebuilt the website, a complete revamp.
                        What do you think? All feedback welcome thanks
                        Last edited by craftymate; 12-03-2008, 02:30 AM.
                        Wendy xx

Comment

Originally posted by craftymate View Post
                          Just thought l would get some feedback
                          Did you mean just thought you'd ask for some feedback?
                          Keepsake Kollections
                          & Rossendale Ramblings!
                          http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Well, i'm not sure if others who responded before will again after reading the previous posts...

I cant comment if it looks any better since i didnt see you site before. but my opinion is this.

I think there is alot of text on your main page, for me at least I never read it on any site, bcoz TBH I cant be arsed & it puts me off the site, maybe it could be broken up more, or the colour changed? Although some people will quite happily read all the text, so this is just my honest opinion.

s.x
                            Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

sorry have now edited to ask, how rude of me!!.
                              l do underastand about the text thin its there if people want to read if not there is pleanty of info else where.
                              Thanks for the comments
                              Wendy xx

Comment

Working...
                              X