I'm so excited! - My new Website - Scotties Cards & Crafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so excited! - My new Website - Scotties Cards & Crafts

My very first website www.scottiescardsandcrafts.co.uk launched this week and I would love to hear any feedback from anyone on the Forum. I hope you find it easy to navigate as I put a lot of thought into it from a crafters point of view. If you think anything could be improved upon or have any ideas for any "scottie dog" themed products I would love to hear from you. The site design was inspired by my little dog, a westie called Bobbie and I hope you like it. It was a mixture of terror and excitement on the day of the launch but I have calmed down a bit now lol. I still have lots more products to add which I am working on over the weekend - in particular a lot of the handmade cards section is "Coming Soon" ... but they should be added by Monday.
    Angela Devine

It is an exciting time launching your website, I've just had a quick scout and it looks really good...best wishes, hope it does really well.

Jo xx
    Things to make and do
    Things to make and do's Facebook page
    Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Thanks Jo I really appreciate your kind wishes
      Angela Devine

Comment

Love your logo, the homepage is too boring through put some nice pictures on it.
        Twitter| Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by cutey View Post
          Love your logo, the homepage is too boring through put some nice pictures on it.

I'm not sure I agree with that! The background is lovely, the welcome comments are well, welcoming - though I do find them a little small as my eyesight is ageing a little faster than I am!

Navigating is dead easy, but could you put a warning on the piccies - that magnifier is shockingly good?

The only thing I would really suggest is that as you get more sales and get better at it could you make the photos more clear. The thumbnails are a little small and that magnifier a bit too strong. I'd like to see more of the product as a whole. I know this is something that takes practice, just thinking about all the 'how to take good photos' threads there are here shows that.

But it does look good and I hope the new year is a goody'un for you!
          Do not watch this space

Comment

Originally posted by StefC View Post
            I'm not sure I agree with that! The background is lovely, the welcome comments are well, welcoming - though I do find them a little small as my eyesight is ageing a little faster than I am!

Navigating is dead easy, but could you put a warning on the piccies - that magnifier is shockingly good?

The only thing I would really suggest is that as you get more sales and get better at it could you make the photos more clear. The thumbnails are a little small and that magnifier a bit too strong. I'd like to see more of the product as a whole. I know this is something that takes practice, just thinking about all the 'how to take good photos' threads there are here shows that.

But it does look good and I hope the new year is a goody'un for you!
            Hi, thank you for your comments! I'm open to all feedback and am grateful that you have replied to my post and taken the time to have a look around my website. I'm going to play around with my font sizes as I agree now I have looked at it objectively they do look a bit small. I find the photos really tricky and I'm not sure I can change the thumbnail size but I love the zoomy magnifying thingy feature too as you can get really close to the picture. It's all trial and error for me but I think I may go back to my designers and see if I can make some changes. Thank you very much.
            Angela Devine

Comment

Hi, thank you for taking the time to look at my website I really appreciate any feedback. I agree my homepage is boring so I am working on it!
              Angela Devine

Comment

Trial and error is what makes it fun, isn't it??????

I'm so glad you took my comments as they were intended. The site does look good and I'm sure it will get better as you go on.

To be honest I am taking in all comments and making some just in case I ever need to make my own
                Do not watch this space

Comment

I couldn't see any, but do you do any pretty writing paper?
                  Twitter| Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by cutey View Post
                    I couldn't see any, but do you do any pretty writing paper?
                    Not at the moment but we will be adding more products to the website very soon to include writing stationery, wedding stationery, place settings, gifts, wrapping paper etc. etc. so keep checking back to see what's new or follow us on Twitter!
                    Angela Devine

Comment

Lovely site, nice navigation!

And I love love love Scotties lol

Kim xx
                      Kimberley-loving love

Blog
                      Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Bobley View Post
                        Lovely site, nice navigation!

And I love love love Scotties lol

Kim xx

Thanks Kim, we love scotties and westies too - there are going to be loads of new scottie and westie themed items coming to the website over the next week or so as I have got a bit carried away with my crafting over Christmas!
                        Angela Devine

Comment

Will do thanks.
                          Twitter| Facebook

Comment

I like your site. Look very professional. Well done.
                            http://jewellerybebe.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.bebebubu.co.uk
                            http://www.facebook.com/Jewellerybebeblog

Comment

Originally posted by Bebebubu View Post
                              I like your site. Look very professional. Well done.
                              Thank you! Still a little bit of tweaking to do but we will get there!
                              Angela Devine

Comment

Working...
                              X