New website - what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New website - what do you think?

Been working on hubby's new site and would appreciate your thoughts and comments on it please

It is still in the rough stage with a lot more to be added but hopefully we are going in the right direction.......

www.bowensbeeswax.co.uk

Ta

What a delightful site.

Just two things, you need to update your news as it still has info about fairs you were doing last year. And in your shop some of the prices are coming out as £6.5 rather than £6.50. I thought that the little buzzing bees would annoy me but I really liked them.

But overall, it is very clear and easy to read and use.
    Blog: http://rosmademe.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice site but it did take a long time to load for me. I was left with a blank blue screen and only hung around as I wanted to give you some feedback. As a customer, I may well have left before getting into the site proper (the status bar was telling me the page loading was complete), By using Flash only on your home page, you are risking visitors not seeing anything if they have Flash disabled.

I did find your FAQ page difficult to read as your safety tips and T&Cs are split into a third of a page each and are very wordy.

Your colours are very calming and I love your little bee logo! Your products are well photographed and look lovely so I am sure you will do well with them.

I am at Rudgwick too so will probably see you there! Are you inside the marquee or on an outside pitch?
      Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
      Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
      Follow me on Twitter:
      @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Originally posted by Roslet View Post
        What a delightful site.

Just two things, you need to update your news as it still has info about fairs you were doing last year. And in your shop some of the prices are coming out as £6.5 rather than £6.50. I thought that the little buzzing bees would annoy me but I really liked them.

But overall, it is very clear and easy to read and use.
        Thank you Roslet for the feedback, wasnt sure whether or not to take off the fairs we done last year, just so people knew what we have already done, and working on the £6.5 as that is bugging me too and for some reason it wont come out as £6.50

Glad you liked it

Comment

Nice site but it did take a long time to load for me. I was left with a blank blue screen and only hung around as I wanted to give you some feedback. As a customer, I may well have left before getting into the site proper (the status bar was telling me the page loading was complete), By using Flash only on your home page, you are risking visitors not seeing anything if they have Flash disabled.
          Thats a good point Ali and will look at changing the flash on the homepage xx

I did find your FAQ page difficult to read as your safety tips and T&Cs are split into a third of a page each and are very wordy.
          Mmmm I did wonder that too - thank you x

Glad your like the colours and the bee logo, the previous site was more honeycomb in colour and design and it wasnt that easy on the eye thankfully hubby agreed that this looked better

I am at Rudgwick too so will probably see you there! Are you inside the marquee or on an outside pitch?
          Inside the marquee what about you?

Comment

Yep, I'm in the marquee too. I don't always get chance to have a good look around at fairs but hopefully will manage find you there...
            Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
            Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
            Follow me on Twitter:
            @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Hi there,

I have had a look at your site!!

I also looked behind the scenes at your coding you need a better title text instead of just <title>Bs Candles</title> this is where you put your important keywords!!!

your meta description and meta keywords needs to be done as search engines like Google will not find you or if they do they will think the site is still being built and discard you from there system!!!

Also you must remember using flash search engines rely on words not pictures also not everybody has strong internet connection as it can take a while to load your site.

If you want any further help drop me a line
              Overall not bad of a website.
              Thanks for reading my information. If you would like to visit my UK Greeting Cards Online Website please feal free to do so. Also checkout my Squidoo Page UK Greeting Cards were you can read some of my articles I have wrote!

Regards

Michael

Comment

Really nice website! Well Done. It loaded up very quickly for me and I found it easy to navigate and the content was to the point. The imagery and general appearance is also in keeping with the theme. I love it

Beeswax candles.. very interesting! Do they smell like honey when they burn?

Comment

If you want any further help drop me a line
                  you may regret that offer of help and thank you I will drop you a line later today if thats okay re seach engines and tags etc - Thank you

Comment

Do they smell like honey when they burn?
                    Yes the natural ones do, [the yellow ones] each and every one or batch will smell slightly different depending on where they were pollenated ... the light they give off is wonderful as anyone else that uses natural beeswax will agree

Comment

Yep, I'm in the marquee too. I don't always get chance to have a good look around at fairs but hopefully will manage find you there...
                      That would be good Ali as we are new to all this craft fair stuff and getting really quite nervous

Comment

I love it! Very dynamic and easy to use, great layout and I love the use of lots of images on the site.

Good work
                        Gemma Church
                        Star Stealer Jewellery
                        Email: [email protected]

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StarStealerJewellery
                        And on Twitter: @Starstealergem

Comment

Thank you Star Stealer

Comment

Working...
                          X