Just published my site any opinions welcomed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just published my site any opinions welcomed

Im a complete novice on all things computers but have managed to create a site with create im really happy with it but then i would be

Any opinions welcomed
    www.veedubzhome.co.uk

Www.veedubz.etsy.com

I really like the look of your site, it's very clean and fresh, and a bit different. I would add a little more information about your items though - what exactly are lumbar cushions, who are they for and what do they do? Also a little more about your materials etc. What kind of fabric is it, how is it cleaned, that sort of thing. I would also bring the side menu up a little higher as well, above the search option, so it is right there in front of the customer. I know you have a menu along the top too but my eye automatically looks to the left for a menu, so i may miss it if it's not there smack in front of me.

You do need to make one change to your returns policy; under the Distance Selling Regs you must gve a full refund to any customer for any reason, or even for no reason at all. It's not enough to just offer an exchange or credit note. other than that, you've done a really nice job, well done!
    Heather
    Pretty Things Handmade Jewellery

Website - www.prettythingsjewellery.co.uk

Destash bead and papercrafting shop - http://www.misi.co.uk/handmade/BlackCatBeads.html

New blog - www.prettythingsandwitterings.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you for the input how would you change the wording to make it legal?

Returns Policy

All items will be sent to you properly packaged in perfect condition. If however you find the goods to be faulty please notify us of the problem within 7 days of receipt and then return the item to us and we will provide a replacement or a full refund as requested along with your postage costs where applicable. It is advised that you obtain the minimum of a certificate of posting from the Post Office as we can not be held responsible for goods lost in transit.

We are happy to exchange or credit for any items you are not satisfied with (less shipping), if the items are returned to us within 7 days of receipt unused, in their original sealed packaging in perfect condition for resale. Please quote your original order number on the package. It is advised that you obtain the minimum of a certificate of posting from the Post Office as we can not be held responsible for goods lost in transit.

Please note that we are unable to accept returns of spe******t items made to order without prior agreement from us.
      www.veedubzhome.co.uk

Www.veedubz.etsy.com

Comment

I think you need to be really clear that you are offering a full refund, including the initial shipping costs. There are also regulations relating to custom-made items [I may be wrong, as it's a while since I've checked, but I think you can exempt custom-made items from the return for refund issue.]. And earrings or other jewellery for piercings can be exempt for hygiene reasons, unless you can find a way of securing them so you know if the package has been opened, for example with 'anti-fraud' tape.

Have a look here, loads of really useful information :

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...type=RESOURCES
        Heather

Destash bead and papercrafting shop - http://www.misi.co.uk/handmade/BlackCatBeads.html

Comment

I think just the addition of a few extra words and a bit of re-jig would do it, this is what I've come up with....

Originally posted by your theme View Post
          We are happy to exchange, refund or issue credit for any items you are not satisfied with. As defined by the distance selling regulations the items must returned to us within 7 days of receipt unused, in their original sealed packaging in perfect condition for resale. Please contact us before returning any item and quote your original order number on the package. It is advised that you obtain the minimum of a certificate of posting from the Post Office as we can not be held responsible for goods lost in transit.

Please note all personalised or made to order items are not covered under the distance selling regulations and as such we are unable to accept returns on these items - to avoid any potential disappointment please ensure you thoroughly check any spellings and requirements at the time of ordering.
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
            I think just the addition of a few extra words and a bit of re-jig would do it, this is what I've come up with....
            Blimey, that's good!
            Heather

Comment

Thank you for your help pretty things and natty netty
              www.veedubzhome.co.uk

Www.veedubz.etsy.com

Comment

Well Done

I think your site looks great, lovely, fresh and friendly.

The distance selling regulations reduced me to a gibbering wreck when I was setting up my site, but it's not as complicated as it first seems....
                I contacted Trading Standards, they were very friendly and helpful. They sent me an information pack which explained everything I needed to include in my T&C, pages and pages of blurb that no customer ever reads but it has to be there.

Good luck with the site
                but a word of warning you will never be completely finished, there is always just that last little thing you want to tweak... lol

Well done, a great job ...so far!!! (Happy tweaking)
                Regards
                MrsC

My Website: MrsC-cards.web.officelive.com

My Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/Personalised.cards.by.MrsC

I support: www.postpals.co.uk a wonderfully simple but powerful idea

Comment

Thank you mrcC was just browsing your site its great!
                  www.veedubzhome.co.uk

Www.veedubz.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by your theme View Post
                    Thank you for the input how would you change the wording to make it legal?

Returns Policy

All items will be sent to you properly packaged in perfect condition. If however you find the goods to be faulty please notify us of the problem within 7 days of receipt and then return the item to us and we will provide a replacement or a full refund as requested along with your postage costs where applicable. It is advised that you obtain the minimum of a certificate of posting from the Post Office as we can not be held responsible for goods lost in transit.

We are happy to exchange or credit for any items you are not satisfied with (less shipping), if the items are returned to us within 7 days of receipt unused, in their original sealed packaging in perfect condition for resale. Please quote your original order number on the package. It is advised that you obtain the minimum of a certificate of posting from the Post Office as we can not be held responsible for goods lost in transit.

Please note that we are unable to accept returns of spe******t items made to order without prior agreement from us.

Hi!

It would be wrong for me to re-write your terms because I am not a qualified legal person but I can suggest:

For faulty Items the customer should expect the product to be of reasonable quality. It would be wrong in my opinion to only give customers 7 days to return faulty good as faults could develop (without wear and tear) after several weeks/months. How long would you expect a cushion to last (without reasonable wear and tear damage)?

The cooling off period in which the customer can return the goods without giving any reason starts the day after they receive the goods and is for 7 working days.

You cannot state that 'we can not be held responsible for goods lost in transit' as legally as soon as the customer has posted the item then the trader is responsible for it..this means that you are responsible for goods lost in transit.

Hope that helps and your website looks really good!

Mick
                    Preserving your items and memories in Handmade custom jewellery Keepsake Gifts

Comment

Great site and loved all your items. Im with create as well for my website and found it quite easy to use once I got the hang of it.

www.bellabluebespoke.co.uk
                      Claire

www.bellabluebespoke.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by shpangle View Post
                        Hi!

..this means that you are responsible for goods lost in transit.
                        The post office will only refund you the cost of materials I believe, not your time to make them. They may ask for receipts to prove how much you ( as the seller) paid for the items.

My friend who is a pure online shop finds this really really annoying.
                        If you dont have a go ................... you will never know

https://www.facebook.com/HatPiece

www.HatPiece.co.uk

Comment

It would be wrong for me to re-write your terms because I am not a qualified legal person
                          Your theme - I hope you realised I wasn't re-writing your T&C's but just suggesting how by adding a few words you could comply with the distance selling regulations a bit better. Obviously I'm not a qualified legal person but I don't think you'd need to go to the expense of consulting one to write T&Cs that comply with the regs - you can view them on the link Pretty Things gave you and as long as you include all the relevant info you should be OK.

I have the basics on my T&Cs so my bum is covered but obviously you play things by ear too - I've given refunds on items returned long after the 7 day cooling off period on occasions as a gesture of goodwill but obviously don't advertise the fact as it then becomes open to abuse.

I also always read the 'not responsible for goods in transit' as meaning the actual goods in so much as if a one off item is lost in the post you can't be sued for not getting that item to the customer, obviously you'd still be expected to refund the customer the full amount they paid

And yes Pretty Things is correct in thinking personalised items are exempt from the regs regarding refunds/returns although again I've been known to relax this when the customer in question is a regular and the mistake was a genuine one. Some companies will offer personalised/custom made items to bypass the DSR - Mr M has mentioned in the past about Apple 'kindly' offering to engrave your ipad (or something similar) which them means it can't be returned.
                          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

It would be wrong for me to re-write your terms because I am not a qualified legal person but I can suggest:
                            This should have been worded differently...what I was trying to say is that many people interpret the distance selling regulations differently. For example, I tried to follow them to the letter but when I sent it to Trading Standards to check I had got loads of things wrong!

For example:

You cannot state that the goods have to be returned in an unused state as legally the consumer does not have to return the goods. You can however, 'ask' that the consumer returns the goods as soon as possible.

and

The Distance Selling Regulations also state that as soon as a consumer has posted the item for return or given it to a courier, the trader is then responsible for it. This means that you as a trader are responsible for any goods lost in transit and therefore you cannot put that you are not held responsible.

I did a blog post a while back that describes some of the things that we often get wrong with our terms and conditions: http://shpangle.blogspot.com/2010/09...onditions.html

Mick
                            Preserving your items and memories in Handmade custom jewellery Keepsake Gifts

Comment

Love the site. Looks great and easy to navigate! Well done you )
                              The Dolls x

visit us at www.thebrokendoll.org.uk
                              www.folksy.com/shops/thedollhouse

Comment

Working...
                              X