Website Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Review

My site is generated by Mr Site so there are limitations to what I can do with it but I would be very appreciative if you could look and give me your views good or bad.

Cheers for helping.
    Claire

Craft kits for children for all levels visit me at: www.daisybellecrafts.co.uk

Originally posted by Daisy View Post
    My site is generated by Mr Site so there are limitations to what I can do with it but I would be very appreciative if you could look and give me your views good or bad.

Cheers for helping.
    Hi Your site is looking good.
    The front page some of the text is slightly over lapping.
    I would personnaly make each items description larger or bolder to highlight it. The picture are great in the fact that you can enlarge them, but maybe slightly larger to begin with??
    I also don't see any addy or telephone contact ?
    A great work in progress though . Well Done
    http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by michelleC View Post
      Hi Your site is looking good.
      The front page some of the text is slightly over lapping.
      I would personnaly make each items description larger or bolder to highlight it. The picture are great in the fact that you can enlarge them, but maybe slightly larger to begin with??
      I also don't see any addy or telephone contact ?
      A great work in progress though . Well Done
      Thanks for giving me your comments. I'm not sure about the text overlapping it's fine for me and I've looked at the site from a few different computers.

Unfortunately the pictures are that small until you click on them unless I want to go down the HTML route, which I so don't. I've already tried to make the text bigger but it meant the picture was further away from the description as nothing is printed to the left of the pic. I can't complain it only cost me £35 and if the business takes off I will get a professional site.

Address and phone number, yes I thought about that at the weekend, got myself a work mobile so need to add all that.

Thanks again for looking I appreciate your comments.
      Claire

Comment

Just a couple of thoughts. I like your product and your site is easy to navigate and to the point. I agree about the size of photos, they really do need to be larger if poss, there are lots of people on here who use Mr Site and I'm sure they have larger photos.
        • A Paypal accepted logo on your home page might be a good idea. You can find them to cut and paste from their website.
        • This is just an idea, but on my monitor all I could see before scrolling down is your text and logo, no product, perhaps you could put the pictures of the product above the text about your venture so the site grabs immediate interest.

I'm no expert so I'm probably talking twoddle, but you asked for views.
        Good luck with it buy the way.
        Amanda
        xx

Comment

Originally posted by colourart View Post
          Just a couple of thoughts. I like your product and your site is easy to navigate and to the point. I agree about the size of photos, they really do need to be larger if poss, there are lots of people on here who use Mr Site and I'm sure they have larger photos.
          • A Paypal accepted logo on your home page might be a good idea. You can find them to cut and paste from their website.
          • This is just an idea, but on my monitor all I could see before scrolling down is your text and logo, no product, perhaps you could put the pictures of the product above the text about your venture so the site grabs immediate interest.
          I'm no expert so I'm probably talking twoddle, but you asked for views.
          Good luck with it buy the way.
          Two very good points. Paypal I had on my to do list, but of course I never actually LOOK at my to do list. Will slink away and do that now.....

The pic on the main page, I felt the same about them so it's good to hear it from someone else. I will move them to the top. The pics in the cart page, I will try to rouse someone from the forum that has had the same issue and see what solution they came up with.

Thanks so much for looking, I appreciate it.
          Claire

Comment

Love the colour! Bright, funky, attractive, it makes you want to smille!

Comment

Hi Daisy try adding the pick in edit your page rather than the shopping cart. This does mean however that if at any point in the future you wish to change your shopping cart that the pic will vanish but can easily be put back in. That way you can have larger pics.

Text is a nightmare. We use mr site and its either tiny or large lol.
              Our Mr Site is still a work in progress but feel free to have a peek and if I can be of any help i will. Be warned in certainly no expert. Have to say im feeling ours is looking rather bland. Good luck

Comment

Hi, just had a wee peek..
                Looks nice and fresh, easy to find things, although the pics i agree with other comments.

The other comment i have is the clock at the bottom left hand side.
                Not sure what your thoughts are on that but my opinion is that you don't want people 'clock watching' while they are looking at your goodies!!!!
                Apart from that, nice site, and some interesting things for pressies, well done
                http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Done it. Made those changes. Put in the Paypal banner, took off the clock, put the pics at the top. Cannot work out how to make the photo's bigger in my cart. Added my contact number, put where we're based. Phew.

I think that was almost everything that was suggested.

Thanks so much for your help.
                  Claire

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy View Post
                    Done it. Made those changes. Put in the Paypal banner, took off the clock, put the pics at the top. Cannot work out how to make the photo's bigger in my cart. Added my contact number, put where we're based. Phew.

I think that was almost everything that was suggested.

Thanks so much for your help.
                    Add pics in your edit page instead of cart that should work

Comment

Originally posted by michelleC View Post
                      Add pics in your edit page instead of cart that should work
                      Then they don't open up in that nice fancy window really big. It's one or the other with Mr Site.
                      Claire

Comment

Hi there

Really like your banner and general feel of the site.

I would say that the best improvement you could make is breaking up that big section of text on the home page and i agree that all images should be made bigger.Maybe even more images on the home page.

Hope that helps!

leona
                        Teaching Art & Craft to Adults & Children for over 12 years
                        http://www.artistsresource.co.uk

FREE Live Art Tutorials - Wednesdays 7pm - HERE: Youtube
                        Join our Online Art Academy

Comment

Working...
                        X