Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favicon - Confuddled ! HELP !

Hiya,

Ok the wee icon that appears beside a web site title when you bookmark is called a favicon and is also the same icon that appears in the tab or the title of the browser so I am led to believe and have uploaded one to my website - trouble is its a wee dark blue thistle - and I have now found a new one I liked better with a few colours in it, have over written the old one on the web site and have also cleared by browsers cache data so that the new favicon is loaded into my browsers fav list . . . . but it still shows the old icon both in my fav list and in the browser

I am using google chrome 6.0.472 if that helps . . .

Url is www.silverthistlebeads.com/index.php

HELP !

Francesca
    * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
    Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

I am using IE8 and no favicon is showing (just the normal IE logo). I don't think all browsers show all favicons anyway so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

I dont see your favicon Did you delete the original favicon from the files held on your website server. Then clear the cache before uploading the new favicon and make sure it has the .ico ending. Sorry I am not much help it must be very frustrating that its not showing any more
      Something Shiny Something Sparkly
      Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
      My blog
      Facebook

Comment

I'm using chrome (no idea what version) and I can't see an icon either
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I am using Firefox and I can see a Thistle with green leaves a beige center and a purple top?
          www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Comment

Thanks Perfectangel

I did some "footering" about with it - not really sure what I did but I cant see it now ! seems though that it is working for some

Think I will sleep on it and see if the magic "favicon" fairy can work her magic and fix it for me !

Thanks

Francesca

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

hmmmmm . . well it seems the "favicon" fairy has been at work as it's now fixed,

Thanks everyone - appreciate your help

Francesca

Francesca

Comment

Working...
              X