Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments if you please, for updating my site :0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments if you please, for updating my site :0)

Hi Everyone, I am cureently in the process of updating my site and adding my new pet accessories. Whilst I'm in the process I'd appreciate the advice and comments to help improve it if possible.

I know alot of it is off centre - I have just discovered how to fix this (bit slow!) so I'm sorting that, I did have somebody tell me that I should get rid of my adverts down the side - although they aren't adverts!?!! What do you think? All feedback good and bad appreciated. Thank you.

Oooh also ignore front page for now as in process of that but if you have an eyecatching idea do let me know!

Also wondered if anybody has taken on the barclays gateway with do your own site and if they think it has helped and how much etc.

Thanks

www.zukiestyle.co.uk

xxx
    Dee x
    Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
    Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
    Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Hi Dee

My first impression is that there are lots of different fonts in use which is not as pleasing on the eye as sticking to a single font throughout. The size of some is a bit big for my personal liking - kind of looks like you are shouting! Depending on screen settings, this could look even bigger. You do have lots of side columns on your homepage and I wonder if the fact that there are so many is distracting from all of them - why not alternate what you have on there weekly so that repeat visitors see something new.

I would also suggest removing the interim page when you click on your Pet Acessories link - it is simply an additional step before customers can see your work and buy from you. The information is repeated on your shopping category page anyway so I don't see the point of this extra page.

The line breaks are a little off on your About ZukieStyle page - I don't know if you are forcing the line breaks but if you let the website do this, it should appear correctly no matter what screen resolution people are using.

I would also look at your links in the left hand menu - some of the titles are very long and breaking over two lines so the list looks very long to me. It also took me a while before I found your 'contact' page (I know now it is on the right but I would be tempted to have a link on the left in the standard menu too).

Could you put some pictures on your shop pages (have a look at mine if you are not sure what I mean) using a popular product from each category? I would find it a lot easier to shop as I don't know your products and there is nothing there to tempt me to click further. An eye-catching picture can brighten up the page and draw people in further.

Your pictures are very clear on your products so I would make more use of these. I would also suggest removing the out of stock colour options on your drop down lists - you can remove them from individual products temporarily and add them back in if/when it becomes available again - it will save you getting orders for items which are unavailable - people don't necesarily read the full details and if I saw it was still an option, I may assume it was available. (The product I looked at which had this was your Shop Ahoy in Blue/White - you say it isn't available but the option is still there to choose from)

I haven't used Barclays Payment Gateway as I don't have a Barclays account but I am sure there are lots of people who have - have you posted your question on the Create Forum? The people on there seem great and very willing to help with queries. I am sure you would soon find out if it is worth signing up for.

Good luck with your redesign - it takes forever but is usually worth it in the end. I plan to simplify my colour options on products but it will have to wait until I have a spare week or so to work through the 400+ products I have listed!! (Annoying when you think of something after the event, isn't it!!) I am loving your work by the way & hope I don't come across as too negative - I just wanted to point out the things you may want to change while you have the chance....
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Thanks Abi, no definately not negative I needed another eye to go over it! I am playing with the fonts at the moment, I know what you mean about that. It takes forever just to do the slightest thing doesn't it? Once you begin there's no going back! I will have a peak at your site now one thing I do find difficult is the tables when inserting images I'm only just starting to use them, it took me ages to realise you can centralise things that way!

I have been looking on the create forum, there's just so much info on there I end up getting absorbed and before I know it 2 hours of website making have gone by!

Thank you for your kind words about my products and images, it means alot xxx
      Dee x

Comment

I meant Ali , not Abi!!!Sorry bout that, typing too fast at work xx
        Dee x

Comment

No problem, Abi... Ali... all the same to me!!

I know what you mean about the Create forum. I tend to look at the recent posts via the Dashboard page and even then I can easily lose an hour! I am still getting to grips with lots of things on Create but I try not to play around too much - it is easy to ruin a perfectly good page that way and I have learnt at my cost that I can end up going backwards with that one extra little tweak!

Good luck with your website - as I mentioned before I know how long it can take to do even the smallest things. I do like the fact that changes to your shopping pages are done in real time online so that I don't have to spend ages uploading for small changes.

If you have any comments/suggestions about my site, please feel free to share them - as you say an extra pair of eyes is worth a million dollars!

Ali x
          Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
          Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
          Follow me on Twitter:
          @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

thanks Ali xx
            Dee x

Comment

Hi there - I feel for you with the daunting task of website updates! I hate doing mine and everything seems to take forever!

I would say that a stronger theme (i.e. uniform font, page layout and "feel") running through your pages might be beneficial, I found myself searching for the right button to get back to the shop front page and some of the options for products were a little confusing. I know its a real pain trying to revamp it but having a bit of a clear out will help to avoid your pages feeling cluttered and make sure that your products draw peoples eye.

Other than that I love your purses, i'm desperate to improve my sewing skills, inspirational stuff!

Good luck!
              Brunette
              www.smudgecreations.co.uk
              www.facebook.com/smudgecreations

Comment

Hi! First of all - lovely bags and purses. The thing I would prefer is is the font size was a little smaller, then you wouldn't need to scroll down the page so much. And on your main 'Zukie's Bags' category page some extra photos (in a table!) would be nice to see the style of bags you could make or previous makes for inspiration of custom orders, before clicking on the actual page links.
                I know it's so time consuming, I'm just about to ask for reviews of my new one which may well need tweaking!
                Jane
                http://www.pirate-treasures.com
                http://www.facebook.com/PirateTreasuresJewellery
                http://www.folksy.com/shops/PirateTreasuresJewellery
                http://www.pirate-treasures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                X