Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pencil Sketch Portraits website review (please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pencil Sketch Portraits website review (please)

Hi All,

I have been running my website to sell pencil portraits from photos since January this year and was wondering if you'd take a look and let me know what you think.

My website address is:

www.pencilsketchportraits.co.uk

It has been getting a gradual increase in traffic since going live, but i am always looking for ways to improve it.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Many thanks,
    Angela. x

Hand Drawn Pencil Portraits from Photos

Pencil Portrait Artist - Blog
    Pencil Sketch Portraits - Twitter
    Pencil Sketch Portraits - Facebook

I have already commented on another thread on how much I love your work, but thought I would reply on here too! I think your site is brilliant, really clear and easy to navigate round and the sketchbook background is a really nice touch. Also got all the information on there that I feel I would like to know before ordering etc.

So no helpful new ideas but just a thumbs up to the website
    Ayla Jewellery: www.aylajewellery.co.uk
    Folksy: http://www.folksy.com/shops/AylaJewellery
    Misi: http://www.misi.co.uk/shop_info.php?...=aylajewellery

Comment

As someone who is just beginning my own website, I can see that you have got your cracked. It's lovely.

Annie
      Annie

Comment

Beautiful site and beautiful work - your site shows it off wonderfully.

I found everything easily and it seems simple to navigate around which is great. The only thing I could suggest is where there are sub pages on your categories (eg the Help & Advice section), could you create a link on the opening page to the sub pages as well as the side bar link. It took me a while to see the FAQ link on the left - but then that may just be me being thick!
        Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
        Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
        Follow me on Twitter:
        @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Your site is easy to follow and clean to look at - and the work is excellent. Most importantly it doesn't have any flashing adds, my pet hate! The only thing I expected to see, and didn't, was a pencil portrait of yourself when I clicked on the bit about you. Not that it's super important...

miya
          Jellyfish Jelly Blog
          Crafty Ideas for un-Crafty Parents

Comment

Hi Angela,
            I do like your work very much. I used to draw my children in pencil and know how much satisfaction pencil drawing gives you. You have made me want to take a break from using my water colour pencils and work in pencil again!
            Your website is great too.
            Polli x

www.muranomagic.co.uk

Comment

Hi

I love your site it is clear, concise and easily navigated.
              I too do pencil portraits and a little decorative art....I wish you well with your site and business
              Lajoni x

My Blog...... http://painting-new-memories.blogspot.com/
              My Blogshop...... http://lajonis-shop.blogspot.com/
              My Facebook Fanpage......http://www.facebook.com/lajoni
              Follow me on Twitter..... http://twitter.com/lajoni

Comment

Huge Thanks!

A huge thank you to everyone who has taken the time to visit my pencil portraits from photos website and provide comments.

I really do appreciate them and will take all suggestions on board.

Thanks,
                Angela. x

Comment

Hi Angela,

The only thing I could see is that every page on a website really needs a call to action. i.e. if I was searching for pet portraits and opened your pet portrait page, I read the text and liked the pictures but would really need to know what to do next? - something telling me what to do and how I go about doing it (even if it is just directing me to the contact page or how to order page)...these little things will make all the difference.

Also you may need to look at the key words that you are targetting...i.e. how many people search for 'pencil sketch portraits' opposed to other phrases.

I did notice though that the search for 'pencil sketch portraits' in Google did produce lots of images but couldn't see any of your images...even though your site ranked highly...you might want to look at that?

I did write a blog entry about custom orders recently that might be appropriate to you? http://shpangle.blogspot.com/2010/08...site-tips.html

Mick
                  Preserving your items and memories in Handmade custom jewellery Keepsake Gifts

Comment

@Mick

Hi Mick,

Thank you so much for the great advice - i'm now working on adding some 'calls to action' so i'd love to get your feedback on them when they're done.

As for keywords, i've tried to cater for a number of different phrases. The biggest of which from my research being Pencil Portraits (on the home page) but i think it'll take a lot of work to get up the 'charts' for that!

Thanks again for the feedback - very much appreciated!
                    Angela. x

Comment

Hi Angela,

Submit your site to some of the many art-related web directories out there. The majority are free and it will help to increase your traffic. It won't let me post a link to a list here but Google 'art web directories whenweseo' it comes up as the first item - it's a link to all kinds of directories both free and paid (I don't recommend paying for listings - you don't need to). You should register on 'Free Index' and also try posting local ads on Gumtree - they last for 3 months. Also have you made a Facebook page? That works really well for me!
                      Pencil portraits and children's portraits from photos

Comment

What can I say...? Wow you are really talented!! Love your site and your work xxx
                        Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Working...
                        X