That's it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it.

Right, that's it, no selling website anymore. I've just cancelled paypal account, and etsy, and my shopify site. Don't ask me why, it's just that the stuff I'm doing now is going to be very difficult to sell at it's value, so I'm going down the 'starving artist' road..............again! I've still got my own .com site, but I'll keep that as a gallery.

Your jewellry is so detailed and beautiful don't see why people wouldn't pay you what you were asking!!! What are you going to do?

Remember to keep us posted of the new creations you come up with.

Sorry Peter.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Oh Peter, you sound so defeated, not like you at all.
      Whatever you choose to do I hope you enjoy it.Make sure you keep posting on here betwixt creating works of art.
      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Main problem is, I got nearly 400 hits this month, around 350-400 every month before that, and not a sausage - nada - nicht ein bratwurst! I shall now only sell to selected clients - you know who you are!

Comment

I wish you well Peter,
          From what ive seen of your work, they are worth so much more.
          Good luck
          http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Peter

Your work is brilliant and i'm sure they will sell to your 'selected' clients. Keep us updated with your work . Sorry to hear that you've decided to close your shop though
            Emma
            Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
            Sassy Crafts Blog
            My Blog

Comment

Respect!.... to the starving artist!
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Oh Peter, I'm just catching up with this thread. I wonder why people aren't buying because your work is fantastic. What you need is a pitch in an exclusive boutique somewhere where there is loads of money and loads of 'ladies who do lunch' and have big fat purses. Somewhere like the Cotswolds or the Channel Islands - loads of dosh there!
                Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
                Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Well, I've kicked paypal off and changed the website a bit. Now I'll only do commissions - no 'off the peg' stuff - so as it won't need a quick sale, I'll be happy with cheques. Pricing the seed bead work was tricky, I had to look at a lot of US and UK sites with similar stuff and take an average! We'll see.

Comment

Just because you had a "moment" doesn't mean you can't go back on it.

Your products look nice, ever thought about having them photographed on someone actually wearing them?
                    Doing nothing is harder than it looks!
                    Free Classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by GEM View Post
                      Just because you had a "moment" doesn't mean you can't go back on it.

Your products look nice, ever thought about having them photographed on someone actually wearing them?
                      I've never seen any photos of jewellery on websites where people are actually wearing them that look any good. I don't know why that is but it always makes me cringe!!!
                      Personally i think the photos of peters jewellery are very good and clear, some of the best i've seen anyway...

Hope it goes ok for you Peter, (don't forget about my watch!!)
                      http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just hung around someones neck would look good, no need for the face to be in the shot.

It was just my 2pennies, I personally find it hard to picture size of an item unless there is something to compare to.
                        Doing nothing is harder than it looks!
                        Free Classifieds

Comment

Working...
                        X