Thoughts and opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts and opinions please

I'm now feeling brave enough to ask everyone for their thoughts and opinions on my website.

Are there any improvements I could make? any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks
    Amanda
    xx

I'd love to comment, but having had a website with my paintings on it - which I thought was quite good - and not selling a sausage, I don't think I'm qualified! If anything - and you have to remember I'm a little 'off the wall' - it looks a bit too 'functional' for an art site. Dare I say boring? You know what I mean..............nothing grabs you by the throat, but art is such a fickle thing anyway, I had a friend who painted rubbish..........designer art.........and she sold loads because it went with people's decor. There's no right or wrong is there?

Comment

I don't feel qualified to comment as i'm not very arty, but i found your site easy to navigate and simple to use. As Peter said it could do with a little something to make it more arty looking, Maybe a different background, or something colourful behind your logo at the top.

Good luck with your site
      Emma
      Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
      Sassy Crafts Blog
      My Blog

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate your honesty, sometimes I wonder if , pepole go on, then off again without looking around the site, i.e I need to sell myself more on the front page. I have sold quite a few paintings, some from the site and others elsewhere so I know they sell, but I think the frontpage needs to draw people in more. I'm no web designer though, would be nice to sell so much I could afford to have a fantastic web designer design the site.
        Amanda
        xx

Comment

Good Morning!!
          I like the site, it's eay to veiw the paintings straight away. And they are fab!!
          I would think your logo could be alot bigger though?
          http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just had another look - for me, if you put 'retro trio' on your front page as a large image, with the other thumbnails around it, it would work. I like retro trio!

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post
              Just had another look - for me, if you put 'retro trio' on your front page as a large image, with the other thumbnails around it, it would work. I like retro trio!
              Thanks Peter,

I'll try that out.
              Amanda
              xx

Comment

Originally posted by colourart View Post
                Thanks for the comments. I appreciate your honesty, sometimes I wonder if , pepole go on, then off again without looking around the site, i.e I need to sell myself more on the front page. I have sold quite a few paintings, some from the site and others elsewhere so I know they sell, but I think the frontpage needs to draw people in more. I'm no web designer though, would be nice to sell so much I could afford to have a fantastic web designer design the site.
                Do you have a stat counter on your site. That would let you know what sort of activity is going on on your site.? Stat counter is a good one which I think quite a few of us have on our sites here.

All the best.

Lisa
                Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                  Do you have a stat counter on your site. That would let you know what sort of activity is going on on your site.? Stat counter is a good one which I think quite a few of us have on our sites here.

All the best.

Lisa
                  Yes , I do have a statcounter, it doesn't seem to be telling me which pages people are going to though. I'll have to look into that, it used to.
                  Amanda
                  xx

Comment

Hi,

Firstly i really like your site it is friendly and i like the fact you advertise the blog on the homepage, it gets your customers involved in who you are straight away. I think changing your homepage quite regularly with new pieces is always nice and it gives potential customers and regular browsers confidence you are actually there and keeps interest.

I think maybe you should make more of a thing of the main header, really make people remember that you are colourart and use it to instantly show them your style and brand as it were.

I love the simplicity of the site and the colours are a great balance!

Not forgetting the lovely work and great pictures that you show, they really show the detail of the work which is great from a buyer POV.

Lisa xxx
                    eat, sleep, breathe, STITCH!
                    www.buttonberry.com
                    www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
                    buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Originally posted by Buttonberry View Post
                      I think maybe you should make more of a thing of the main header, really make people remember that you are colourart and use it to instantly show them your style and brand as it were.
                      Thanks Lisa,

I'm working on this as we speak, hopefully my new header will be ready soon. Best get back to it.
                      Amanda
                      xx

Comment

Oh Fab! Can't wait to see it ----- Good luck with it
                        eat, sleep, breathe, STITCH!
                        www.buttonberry.com
                        www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
                        buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. I had a big play with my site and have taken on board everyones comments. I've made more of the header, added a new painting and had a general tidy up. It would be nice to know what you think. Must sleep now.
                          Amanda
                          xx

Comment

Working...
                          X