My work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My work

Here's my blog, it contains alot of my recent work and some cute piccies of my furry family. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

I've just looked at your cards on the other thread.
    Your cards are lovely, the colours are really good and they look very modern.
    Do you sell them anywhere?
    Sometimes your local art galleries will sell locally made cards etc, you should try it, as i think yours would sell.
    I used to make cards but i'm into jewellery now and there's not enough time to do both!!
    Good luck and Welcome to the forum!!
    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

ahhh thanks! I haven't sold any yet, I was trying this week on ebay, just to see out of interest. I've had an enquiry from someone setting up a new shop and they may be interested in stocking a line but I'm a bit concerned as they would also have to make their mark up and I'd be well into deficit by time they took their cut.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Hi Samm,

Love your cards. You got married in Cancun, I love Cancun been there twice. The last time I went was when hurricane Emily hit. We arrived in Cozumel on the Monday and were evacuated to Playa del Carmen on the Wednesday. The hurricane hit on the Friday - not an experience I want to go through again but wont put me off going to Cancun, I love it particlarly Playa del Carmen.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

They look very funky!
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

i love your cards! get a website together now!! try them on etsy too, maybe that dawanda.com as well. i normally don't like handmade cards as so many are really samey but yours are really cool. i'd buy one! let us know when you get a site together (or if you need help with one)
            Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
            Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

Your cards are lovely, you shouldn't have any trouble selling them hopefully, good luck.

Heather
              www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
              for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
              www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
              craftyaddicts blog site
              www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
              My personal blog
              http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

I agree, your crads are fantastic - very original. How are you getting on with them on ebay? I have just started selling on there and am hoping it will also act as a way of marketing my work and directing traffic to my own website. You should def consider setting up a website. I only have a blog at the moment too but have asked my sister to do a proper site for me (luckily she is a graphic designer!!) Have you though of doing a craft fair?
                Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Your cards are lovely. I noticed your a fan of DCWV aswell. I think i have a paper stack of all there papers in my stash, i also like the HOTP paper packs. Your rounded corners on the cards are very good, i seem to get three of them right then mess it up on the forth corner - doh!

I'm sure you will have no problems selling your cards, but don't be put off if they don't sell on ebay (as a lot don't).

Good luck and i really like your site.
                  Emma
                  Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                  Sassy Crafts Blog
                  My Blog

Comment

Thanks for all your kind comments, I think it's spurred me on to get something moving. My cards didn't sell on ebay, thought I'd try but maybe I need to set up a site with a buy it now one-offs for cards, any suggestions? has anyone tried craft markets website shops and how many do you manage to sell?

Comment

Hi Samm,
                      A while back when I first started out I sold my own cards on my website. I sold quiet a few, it's hard work keeping the selection fresh and then you really don't make much on them, as people think that they should still pay the prices that they would in the shop for a mass produced one..and get free delivery!! Thats all behind me now as I now only sell my backing papers, but I wish you good luck.
                      Anice xx .
                      Funkyhand x
                      my website
                      http://www.funkyhand.com
                      my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                      http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                      Follow me on Twitter
                      http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Hi Samm

Love your cards and I really like your style. There are soooooo many cards around that don't have any imagination but I like the way you mix different papers, toppers, etc. Good luck.
                        Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
                        Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Great Cards

Hi There
                          these cards are great - I'm interested!
                          I have a new website and want to do a card-making feature, would you like to post your link?

Comment

I'd love you too!!! thankyou very much for the offer!

I've just registered a domain name, that's my first step, just working out the rest after then!!!!hehehehe!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Funkyhand View Post
                              Hi Samm,
                              A while back when I first started out I sold my own cards on my website. I sold quiet a few, it's hard work keeping the selection fresh and then you really don't make much on them, as people think that they should still pay the prices that they would in the shop for a mass produced one..and get free delivery!! Thats all behind me now as I now only sell my backing papers, but I wish you good luck.
                              Anice xx .
                              Thanks for the advice, I was doing it more of a hobby anyway, there's not alot of money in handmade cards, but I enjoy doing them and when I've run out of friends and family I've got extras that I'd like to sell. I'm quite confident I could do the marketing and accounts for it myself so I'll see where I get too!!! that's the joy of the net, at least it's not going to make me bankrupt in the meantime!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X