Revamped Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revamped Website

Hi. Not sure what happened to my previous post on this - one minute it was there, the next it had gone !!

Anyway, I've been busy revamping my website, hopefully making it more crafty and welcoming. Whilst I was happy with my previous site, I felt it always looked rather "utility" looking (if you know what I mean), so I'm hoping the revamp has made it look better.

I would love to hear any comments you might have.

Thanks
    Sarah
    For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

I like the front page...
    I wanted to look at the felted accessories but couldnt see where i click on to view them??
    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks - to view the accessories, you need to click on the needle felting link on the left of the page and then click on the felt accessories link. Let me know what you think?
      Sarah
      For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

The needle felting link works but then the two links within it don't work??

Comment

Lovely!

I do love your pictures, they are sweet and evocative.

Your kits look great, I love them and the packaging. Great packaging says a lot for the contents.

The onlt thing I'd changed is your page category text, make it bolder. The fine text is lost against the very lovely linen background. The linen look is great. It so appeals to me as a needlewoman.

Can we still say needlewoman, or am I a needleperson now? That sounds like an addict of some kind...ack..

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts
          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Thank you Apple Tree - I shall change the category text down the left hand side (?) to make it bolder.

Don't suppose you organise any craft fairs in Essex/Suffolk? I'm doing the Jimmy's Farm craft fair in Suffolk on 28th May, but am looking for additional events
            Sarah

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

Jimmys...wow...!

I've heard that you need to be invited to do Jimmy's Farm....that's very impressive. I know someone that did Jimmy's last year, and halfway through the day she was frantically phoning her husband to bring more stock as she was selling out fast. I so hope that happens for you too.

We've been asked to do something in Surrey too, but it's just too far right now. Maybe one day....but Jimmy's will be a hard act to follow methinks!

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts
              www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I know - I couldn't believe it when I received the email inviting me !! They had a fair yesterday and a friend went - she said it was heaving with people - they were arriving in busloads !! Fingers crossed I will do well - it will be my first fair, so I'm really excited (but VERY nervous too). I'm going to be demonstrating needle-felting as well, so hopefully that will encourage people to buy some supplies and give it a go
                Sarah

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

AHA!! It worked this time, the text was different, did you change it?
                  They are really nice.
                  Hope you do wel at Jimmys Farm, i've been there for a look around a couple of times, but never when there's a market on. It's very close to me and there's been known to be chaos on the roads surrounding as it's sooooo popular.
                  I think your stuff will go down well, my advice would be to take lots with you i think you will need it!!

Comment

I'm glad it's working properly now. I changed the text colour of the links down the left hand side and also added links to the body text, so hopefully it's easier to use now.

Thanks for your kind comments too ! Fingers crossed I will do well - I'm just really nervous about it all. The last thing I need is to see everyone else being busy and me having no-one at my stand. Hopefully the needle felting demonstration will reel them in. Also, the fact that I will have a whole range of items priced from £2.50 to £20 - covers all pocket sizes me thinks !!

If you fancy a visit on the 28th May, it would be lovely to meet you :-)
                    Sarah

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

It's good to have a range of prices, also the 'pocket Money' type things like your hair bobbles as there will be families there.
                      I would have come for a nosy but we are away that weekend at Strumpshaw Steam Fair exhibiting our vehicles.
                      Maybe next time...

Comment

Hi there, your website looks really good - very professional. I notice you use notonthehighstreet.com, what do you make of them, have you many orders through them? I've applied to them for more information.
                        www.andamento.co.uk ...my website
                        http://andamentoblog.blogspot.com/ ... my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Picture it in Stitches View Post
                          Hi. Not sure what happened to my previous post on this - one minute it was there, the next it had gone !!

Anyway, I've been busy revamping my website, hopefully making it more crafty and welcoming. Whilst I was happy with my previous site, I felt it always looked rather "utility" looking (if you know what I mean), so I'm hoping the revamp has made it look better.

I would love to hear any comments you might have.

Thanks
                          Did see your previous thread and wondered whether you were still having problems getting on here properly?
                          Website looks great!

Could you maybe add links from your main page images? so that the craft kit image takes you to that area/ felting to that area etc
                          ?
                          Sam x
                          incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                          ___

Comment

Originally posted by Andamento View Post
                            I notice you use notonthehighstreet.com, what do you make of them, have you many orders through them? I've applied to them for more information.
                            Yes, I have just asked for more info so would appreciate any info / feedback you can give too?

Your website looks great by the way!!!
                            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Not on the High Street

Well, I've been selling through NOTHS since the middle of February and so far have only had one sale, which was one of my textile pictures. Last week I loaded on a few of the miniature stitchery kits and some of my felt accessories, but no sales as yet (I think the Easter holidays have something to do with it). The trouble with NOTHS is:
                              1. You have to actually be invited by them to join. So even if you request a pack (which they will probably send you), there is no guarantee that you'll get an invite. If there are other sellers who sell the same stuff as you, the chances of you getting an invite are quite slim. I know of 2 people who were turned down.
                              2. It's VERY expensive !!! I paid nearly £600 for a year's membership/subscription. That broke down as £400 odd to become a selling partner (this is a one-off fee) and £200 odd for my year's subscription. So next year (if I decide to do it) it will only be the £200 odd annual renewal fee.
                              Unfortunately, I got sucked in by their sales blurb and convinced myself (and hubby) that it would definitely be worth doing. All the editorial stuff they send you is brilliant, loads of articles from all the glossy mags and lots of Sunday supplement articles and newspapers, all featuring their sellers. Sadly, it hasn't been as good as I had hoped and I'm pretty sure I won't recoup my costs. Having said that, I have spoken with other NOTHS sellers who have managed to break even and some who have made a profit.

I tried to ask NOTHS what average sales were like in my particular field and they wouldn't answer the question - so I don't know whether that's good or bad ! There is a lady on there who sells personalised pictures and I notice that she also sells through the Angelic Hen and one other site (can't remember it now), so I don't know whether that's because she's doing well, or just trying to get as much exposure as possible. I was thinking of emailing her, but would she tell me the truth I wonder?
                              Sarah

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X