Please have a look at my site - tell me what you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please have a look at my site - tell me what you think

I've had my website for a while now and still have more things to add to it, and a few changes to be made but would appreciate it very much if you would take the time and have a look and let me know what you think.
    www.simplyroslyn.co.uk

Also I recently opened a shop on ebay with totally different types of cards. Please have a llok on there as well. Appreciate all advice and comments.
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cards2Inspire
    Many Thanks.
    www.simplyroslyn.co.uk

Hi Roslyn,

There is a glitch on your site. Cards, frames, contacts etc all run over the top of what you have on the page so can't really see what to click.

Your cards are gorgeous and it is good that the pictures do enlarge.

All the best.
    Lisa

P.S. Your splash cover is lovely by Mr Media will advise you against it. Just for the fact that when you look for your site it should take you straight to what you want to see.
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Apart from the overlay glitch, I think it's very classy! I do like the front page - it gives the 'book' effect, which already puts you in a 'paper' mood. Here I go, getting all arty again! The card designs are beautiful though.

Comment

Apart from the overlapping as previously mentioned i think your site is lovely, easy to navigate and i really like the fact that you can view a larger image of the card without having to click in it. Well done.
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Thanks for having a look, the reason you are seeing things all over the place is that maybe you have upgraded to Internet Explorer 7, when I did I saw all my stuff all over the place and in order to fix it I have to pay a lot of money which I don't have at the moment so I had to delete the IE7.

I'm glad that you like the cards though.
          Thanks for looking.
          www.simplyroslyn.co.uk

Comment

I agree with all the other comments - both your site and your crafts look great!
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I didn't realise that upgrading your explorer can do that, it raises the question of does ours look different when others view it using different browsers?
              Emma
              Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
              Sassy Crafts Blog
              My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
                I didn't realise that upgrading your explorer can do that, it raises the question of does ours look different when others view it using different browsers?
                Yes.. But a "good" designer/web devloper should follow the rules which allows for upgrades in browsers.. Every time a new browser comes out you need to tweak your site a little..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
                  Yep it can different browsers see your site differently but I am not sure of the exact ins and outs of this. Google has a help page that talks you through how you can check to see how other browsers see your page, I think it is something like Lynx or something like that.

Or you could do what I did last week, ask the lovely helpful people on the forum if they can view your site okay. There are loads of people on the forum with loads of different browsers so a problem would show up. I had one almighty glitch last week, it looked like no one had looked at my sight. Asked the forum and they checked and could see it okay. Turned out I'd updated my site but knocked off the stat counter!!
                  Bowed Over
                  Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                  www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Looks Great!

I don't have the overlay problems!

It's a good clear site, you can find everything easily and the cards are lovely. Your site backgrounds don't detract from the cards either.

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts
                    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Working...
                    X