Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revamped web site

Hi all,

I have spent forever (it feels like) manually revamping my website (cause I don't know how to use CSS).

I have tried to make it look primitive. Can you give me feed back and let me know if there are any glitches in it. Also what do you think of the splash cover (the picture you click saying enter site). Do you think I should keep it or get ride of it - I know Mr Media you will say get rid - but I like the picture!

You are such a lovely lot.

All the best.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Sorry I think splash pages are anoying and so unnesecary. Saying that though a very nice site well done. Just one thing the buttons are a little fusy the little squares are a bit of putng.Why is one a difrent colour?
    Last edited by goldy1; 24-03-2007, 12:03 AM.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

It's A Great Site...

.....I love folk art things.

I can't find anything wrong with it, it's really good. And your candles are just great. They're gallas......

I'm with Mr M on the entrance page though....I like the picture too, but it doesn't go with the folk art theme.

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts
      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I think your site is very nice and easy to use. I like the picture to enter the shop but i couldn't see the 'enter shop' text as it was below the bottom of my screen, this may just be with my laptop (it's got a 17" screen though) and it did take me a minute to realise i had to scroll down to enter shop through the prompt. Would it be possible to move the text higher up or even adove the candle so that silly people like me don't miss it.
        Hope you don't mind me saying so.
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

I thought that about the splash cover it went with the old design as the cover photo ran all the way through the site but me finks I am going to get shot.

I think my daughters picture on the hurricane candles came out really well. She's the spitting image of her mother even if I say so myself.

Thanks for signing the guestbook Jules.

All the best.
          Lisa

Bowed Over
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
            I think your site is very nice and easy to use. I like the picture to enter the shop but i couldn't see the 'enter shop' text as it was below the bottom of my screen, this may just be with my laptop (it's got a 17" screen though) and it did take me a minute to realise i had to scroll down to enter shop through the prompt. Would it be possible to move the text higher up or even adove the candle so that silly people like me don't miss it.
            Hope you don't mind me saying so.
            I certainly could. Glad you liked the site. Took me ages and ages and ages but got something I quite liked eventually. Was never really sure of the old format.

All the best.

Lisa
            Bowed Over
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I have to say, I LOVE the splash page! Had to put my glasses on for the rest though!

Comment

Now I am really confused what to do what to do!!!

Do you want a new pair of glasses Peter or do you want me to make the pictures and writing bigger?

Bowed Over
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

My personal opinion! ...

Lovely site x
                  However! personally I find the side menu font hard to read, just seems a bit blurred! (maybe I need to put my glasses on!!)

I like things sweet & simple... and the best bit of advice someone gave me about my site was to keep the font the same throughout. It needs to be easy to read to keep peoples attention.

Am also not a fan of the cover, just add that image onto your homepage, as I agree it is a fab image.

Hope that helps? XX
                  incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                  ___

Comment

I can make the side menu tags bigger (I think). Don't you think if I use and ordinary font it would take away the rustic feel?

Thanks for the help.
                    Lisa
                    Bowed Over
                    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I don't think it's the font that makes it dificult to read I think it's the borders. maybe just tryplain black border on the buttons.
                      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I have just changed all the side bars made them bigger and the fonts been changed too. Tell me what you think please.

Going to my bed now well past midnight and my back is hurting.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Lisa
                        Bowed Over
                        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I liked it before, but the changes have made it much easier on the eye and you haven't lost that country feel, well done.
                          Emma
                          Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                          Sassy Crafts Blog
                          My Blog

Comment

Aren't websites hard work! I seem to spend more time on that than I do in this forum!!

Still, hard work pays off. Your site looks great. It all looks clear to me, easy to navigate and see what's on there.

For me, I would definately lose the splash page. It is a lovely image but I think it is best that a opening page is the home page, as this is the hub of the site afterall.

Oh and lovely candles too!

Steve
                            Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
                            www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
                            Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                              I have just changed all the side bars made them bigger and the fonts been changed too. Tell me what you think please.

Going to my bed now well past midnight and my back is hurting.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Lisa
                              That look so much better Lisa
                              x
                              incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                              ___

Comment

Working...
                              X